Colonial Landram from Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Here is an update. @Revell-Fan has made a box for the Landram. This is a commercial style box.
    Granted, this box is designed for storage, transport, and as a gift box.
    (@cylongirl Please take note. I hope that you like this).
    IMAG5139.jpg IMAG5140.jpg IMAG5141.jpg IMAG5142.jpg IMAG5143.jpg IMAG5144.jpg IMAG5145.jpg IMAG5146.jpg IMAG5147.jpg IMAG5148.jpg
    ASC Mclaren, Danscrew, bgt01 and 2 others like this.
  2. Rhaven Blaack

I have sent all of the photos to Revell-Fan for final review and approval.
    Once the template is approved, it will be made available in the RESOURCE Section (as an "ADD-ON" kit).
    Here are the rest of the photos of the box.
    IMAG5149.jpg IMAG5150.jpg IMAG5151.jpg IMAG5152.jpg IMAG5153.jpg IMAG5154.jpg IMAG5155.jpg IMAG5156.jpg IMAG5157.jpg IMAG5158.jpg

3. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Thank you very much for testing the parts, RB! :)

My printer has had it, so I am unable to print and build anything at the moment! :(

Actually, this box was a request by cylongirl a while ago. The design is based on a boxed cardboard Landram with Japanese text on it. That model was the very first Ram to be made of paper. It was no kit but a pre-assembled and simplified model with a very nice texture. I still don't know whether this was a commercial item or a fan-made product. I found it when I was looking for references to make my version:

As with all my creations, this is supposed to be a hommage and no infringement. :)

It was on my todo list but I had no time to do it. Now that my printer has gone all the way up to Stovokor :Computer: I am limited to working on templates only. I'll revise the kit asap and will begin a test of the 1:24 scale version once the new printer has arrived. I think I'll change the texture on the sides a bit so that it follows the front and not the back (as it does now). I will also add the missing piece to close the gap at the back of the inlet. ;)

Thanks to Joerg from the German SciFi modelling forum Phoxim I will revise the Landram kit soon. He pointed out that the turret joint was wrong and corrected it on his version (he built a GREAT RC Ram using my plans ;) ).
  4. cylongirl

cylongirl Galactica lives in Germany

Yes, yes, yes :King::King::King::King::King::King:ClaphandsClaphandsClaphandsClaphandsClaphandsClaphandsClaphandsClaphandsClaphandsClaphands
  5. blake7

blake7 Member

Looks great! It looks like a new toy in the box waiting to be opened! This is perfect because it protects as well as looking fantastic! So the question I know you know is coming " what about the Snowram, and Landram Chariot"?:shamefullyembarrased:thumbsup
  6. cylongirl

Do something different background photos.
    Snow, desert , mountains, city
    Spaceship hangar , moon ......:Congrats:
    in the same box

Mach doch verschiedene Hintergrundfotos.
    Schnee, Wüste, Berge, Stadt
    Raumschiffhangar, Mond......
    bei gleicher Schachtel, ggf ohne die japanische Schrift. (das wirkt dann noch besser)
    Toll endlich fertig. Claphands
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  7. Rhaven Blaack

Different backdrops would be cool to have and the builder could choose the one that he/she likes and add it to the box.
  8. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

That's very cool
    Bravo ! RB
  9. Revell-Fan

:dead: I STILL don't have a new printer... :dead:
  10. blake7

blake7 Member

I know how you feel. I was out of ink , and paper, then I got new ink and paper, and what happens the monitor BLEW.:( It took time, but I am back.;):)
  11. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

This has "commercial" written all over it, which another way of me saying, "Professional:. and it sure looks it, from box to model! ;)
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  12. Revell-Fan

@zathros : Thank you so much for your kind comment! For a short time I have been thinking of using the Zealot logo on the box... ;)

BTW, I have finally got a new printer. An HP Officejet 6700. Great machine, capable of duplex printing (very NIIIICE!). I'll see to it that I can start on the (revised) 1:24 box this weekend. :)
    ASC Mclaren likes this.
  13. cylongirl

14. cylongirl

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  15. Rhaven Blaack

That was my fault. I made a mistake when I made the Landram. I did not catch it until well after it was finished.
    I am planning on rebuilding it (eventually). I am wanting to make a track system that is more realistic (as well as a few other changes).
  16. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Not 1:18? :D
  17. Rhaven Blaack

Ladies and gentlemen,

There have been a few hints made (here and there) about a (close to) screen accurate set of tracks for this vehicle ( including the "A-TEAM Landram and the Power Sled) possibly being designed and made. Well, I am working on that very thing right now.
    I am doing what I can to make it both easily buildable and screen accurate as possible (I know, it is a very tall bill. Well (at 6' 6" (2 meters) tall) I am a very tall guy. So I think that I can fill this bill).

Here is the parts sheets.

I started with the wheel first (starting with the drive wheel).

I laminated both the front and back faces to 1.5 mm.

I drilled a hole in the back parts (the same diameter as a bamboo skewer (about

Both halves are glued together. The hole will help hold the axle in place.

I have done the same with the main guide wheels.
    IMAG5393.jpg IMAG5394.jpg

All of the wheels are finished. I have also cut pieces of bamboo skewers to a length of 5 cm.

Attached Files:

bgt01, ASC Mclaren and Revell-Fan like this.
  18. Rhaven Blaack

I have started on the drive box (engine and drive system).

Here is the parts sheet for that.

I have made internal formers for the drive box to help hold the axles and give added strength to the drive box as a whole.

The formers and the drive box are assebled.
    IMAG5398.jpg IMAG5399.jpg

The drive box is fully assembled.
    IMAG5400.jpg IMAG5401.jpg

I have attached the axles.
    IMAG5402.jpg IMAG5403.jpg

I have attached all of the wheels to the axles.
    IMAG5404.jpg IMAG5405.jpg

Please stay tuned to your local Colonial Fleet Broadcast channels for further updates as they come in.
    bgt01, cylongirl, ASC Mclaren and 2 others like this.
  19. Revell-Fan

This is gonna be very interesting! I'm keeping all fingers crossed! :)
    Rhaven Blaack and blueyeppoon like this.
  20. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Just saw some of the preliminary work. You have a winner on the way!! :)
    Revell-Fan and Rhaven Blaack like this.