Colonial Landram from Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

That is SWEET, very SWEET indeed.

I am brimming with anticipation.
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I really like this, a lot!! I look forward to this! :thumb:
  3. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Fracking awesome! I can not wait!!!! Are there BSG sainthoods? Cause if there are, you should get one!
  4. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I can't even remember where I found the 3-view's when I designed that Landram. I do remember watching and rewatching the episode it was in trying to catch every detail I could.

Same for the Viper: Watching endless episodes and looking at pics of the 1:1 model trying to get every detail I could (I didn't use the Revell plastic model because of it's inaccuracies)

Of course these were designed 10 years ago using pencil and rulers, and redrawn in MSPaint.
  5. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Did you design the Ram from jleslie? I had the same problem when I started. I designed everything according to screenshots and some in progress pics of the conversion of the Thiokol snowcat I found a few months ago. It's interesting to see how the proportions of the vehicle seem to change when it was filmed with a different lense. In the wide shots (scope) it looks big, sleek and agile whereas in the close-ups and in-studio shots it looks small and bulky. I had to "guesstimate" a lot and tried to make it look good.
  6. Revell-Fan

Yes.... And I like it!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

The hook is set very deep!!
  8. rbeach84

rbeach84 New to Paper

Different proportions could perhaps be from use of models vs the "working" studio prop (i.e., the "real" vehicle.)

Just a thought...

Anyway, this is looking great...

9. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Ohhh, I am already thinking to building this up as an RC by modifing the Tamiya motor & gears and treads. :mrgreen:
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Shows back then were notorious for that. They almost should have had a medical/psychological warning for the suspension of disbelief required by the viewers! :)
  11. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Boy did I miss read Robert's post :confused:
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Maybe I did! What were you thinking? :)
  13. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

I was waiting to start work, I may not have been thinking. :confused:
  14. Zathros

Zathros Guest

15. blueyeppoon

blueyeppoon Member

awesome model my hand are sweating and eager already!
    Fantastic job
  16. Revell-Fan

17. Revell-Fan

A short glimpse of the rotating gunner station and the turret. Both require some minor modifications. The model is almost complete!

Attached Files:

18. Revell-Fan

Thank you! But in this case there was only one working life-size model (no miniatures). It is definitely the lenses that make the difference. I would love to add some screenshots for illustration but this would certainly violate the copyrights..! :wave:
  19. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

WOW! That looks phenomenal!
  20. clif52

clif52 Banned

This looks AWWWWWWSOM! Was this redressed or re-skined and used in a couple of episodes of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century? I remember some kind of tracked vehicle.