Collinwood Coaling Tower

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spankybird, Oct 25, 2005.

1. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

This is the old Coaling Tower that is down at Collinwood yards in Cleveland.

John (csxt30) and I went down after the toy show and took these pics.

just wanted to share it with all

2. zedob

zedob Member

Silent drivethrough for hungry horse ghosts.

That must have been a real scene on a early cold winter morning during it's hey-day.
  3. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

I see that often..

I usually bring in Q640 & leave with Q641 at least once a week. I think Collinwood is a well designed yard with fuel stations on both ends, and the intermodal is out of the way from the mainline. Keeping that coaling tower is a nice reminder of the yard's beginnings.
  4. csxt30

csxt30 Member

[​IMG]Highball Q641 ! CSXENGINEER: Can't recall if you pick up, or drop off in Ashabula or not. The symbol sounds familiar, though. I work on the block truck there & only work occasionally in the yard. Usually in Fairview changing wheels. Good to see you over here ! Come on over to the coffee pot if you get a chance ! Thanks, John
    Oh, that's called " Come on over to the caboose and get a cup of coffee " Topic
  5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

That is one big coaling tower. Great Picture.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  6. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

wrong direction

I actually come in and leave Collinwood from the short line Parma-Collinwood. The Buffalo guys bring it past Ashtabula to station W for us. I do occassionally take trains down the NS line & over to Ashtabula west yard (not harbor), or the Buffalo connection track, too. Have you ever heard CSX collinwood yardmaster "gunner"? He still highballs trains with steam tenders, etc.