Collecting donations for Russell (Amazyah)

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Apr 15, 2008.

1. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I sent mine via your Paypal link Monday. Hope it helps. Arson: that's not just a fire; that's a fire with mean written all over it!
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks man, appreciate it :)
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Updated first post to include raffle prizes. Also I will likely be collecting longer as I have been out of touch with Russell for some time now... given his limited access its not surprising.

Also we just hit $450! Thanks to all!
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Here are the photos of the donations I have for the raffle.

5. josve

josve Active Member

Nice to see that people really cares!!
    And that the funds raises!!
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks for putting up the pics! I will add the books to the list :)
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'll have to get a picture of the TOS Star Trek card game, forgot that one.
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks all for donations so far! With received mailings we are now at $488.46 USD

Lets see if we cant hit the $500 mark. I will be collecting through the end of next week. Drawing for prizes that weekend.
  9. smyfe

smyfe Member

Put a bit more into the pot to make sure it goes over $500:thumb:
    hope Russell and his family are ok and they catch the S.O.B that caused them all this pain:curse:
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Appreciate it buddy!
  11. Gearz

Gearz Member

Jeeezzz more bad news.. ( Kjev got blown up in a house fire /gas explosion as well) I can't offer much in the way of assistance Chris.. but please pass on my best wishes to Russell and his family, thank goodness no one was seriously hurt.. I hope they catch the guy that started the fire!! = [thump} [bang} [slap} [thud} [squeal}

BAD Karma
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow! What to say?
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I can drag more stuff out to help. Jeez I'm really sorry. Wow.
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Woww :( thats just horrible. I hope all is ok otherwise :(
  15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Any more news on either one of these issues?
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

For Service/Other

Item amount
    $543.23 USD

Its a done deal! I managed to get a hold of Russell and got the donations sent off. Everything is going as well as can be expected. The house will be replaced thanks to insurance and his card models (prized possesion) :) were stored in an out building. The donations will be a big help for the short term expenses and getting over the first humps of rebuilding.

He wanted me to let anyone know that is due any models from purchases will be sent out in the next couple weeks.

Here is the contact I got from him (with a few bits of info removed I didnt want to display on the net)

I finally got it.
    Thank you Chris!
    Things have been pretty rough.
    I still haven't even filed my taxes yet as all the paperwork is gone.
    Needles to say, you don't even get the Economic Stimulous Package if you don't file.
    Hopefully I shall have all the paperwork replaced soon.

I don't have a cell phone anymore.
    I am going to try to get it replaced at the end of next week, after I get paid.
    Hopefully I will still be able to have the same number.

I cried when I read your message.
    Give everyone at Zealot my best and tell anyone waiting for models from me that I will be mailing everything out on Wed the 28th, with extras, for waiting on me.

Our house is being repaced and should be ready by the end of June.
    Thank God for Insurance and that I still have my models! 8v)
    I'm hoping to get a new computer when I get my taxes back but it will be a while as I am late filing.

I'll try to stay in better touch and check my mail more often.

Thanks again buddy!
  17. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Good to here they are going to be ok.
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

OK folks. I have slacked off on this drawing for too long. Look for an update later today! Thanks again to everyone for their assistance in helping get some fast cash to Russell in his time of need.
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

And the winners are!!!
    Paul Bell - One $50 gift certificate to Digital Paper Models, Card Models, Paper Models -

Claudio Dias - $20 gift certificate to Digital Paper Models, Card Models, Paper Models -

Johnny Svenson - $20 gift certificate to Digital Paper Models, Card Models, Paper Models -

John Bowden - 1 Modelik Warrior tank

BG Davenport - The following items!
    HallMark Christmas Ornament Chewbecca and 3PO
    Star Trek Card game, on TOS and one TNG
    Star Wars Darth Maul Rubik's Cube

Would the winners please contact me via email for further info :) John and BG I need shipping address's for your items!
    Thanks again all,

*edit to include email* cgutzmer at gmail period com