Collecting donations for Russell (Amazyah)

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Apr 15, 2008.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Some of you may already know but Russell was the victim of arson and his house was completely burnt down. I would like to collect donations for Russell to assist with the rebuilding. I will take donations via paypal. If you wish to donate in any other way like cash or check let me know and I will give you my mailing address. I plan on taking donations though the end of April.

Any questions - give me a shout!
    Thanks all,

Quick note to add raffle prizes
    One $50 gift certificate to Digital Paper Models, Card Models, Paper Models -
    2 $20 gift certificates to Digital Paper Models, Card Models, Paper Models -
    1 Modelik Warrior tank
    HallMark Christmas Ornament Chewbecca and 3PO
    Star Trek Card game, on TOS and one TNG
    Star Wars Darth Maul Rubik's Cube
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Getting paid on Thursday, will put something into the pot.
  3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I've tossed a bit into the kitty.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks guys :)
  5. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I put some $ into the pot, too!
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I just wanted to send out a quick thanks to everyone that has donated so far - $177. Some checks are on the way as well!

We are thinking about you Russell!
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Good to see you're getting a nice response. We have posted links to this thread up in the Gauge, so I hope some of our members have been stopping by. That's what these forums are all about, helping friends, helping neighbors.:wave:
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

One of our card modeler members donated a model too - I am going to change it to a raffle - each 1 dollar gets one "ticket" random drawing at the end for prizes. Any train guys might want to offer up a small prize of some sort? I am going to come up with a couple things too.
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

OK folks! We have cleared 300! Thanks everyone so far :)

We are stepping this up a notch thanks to some generous donations!

Jason over at the Hobby Factory is donating two $20 and one $50 gift certificates. Other donations include 2 $10 gift certificates to der Kampfflieger card models | and another member donated a model of Warrior MCV from Modelik (see attached) for each 5$ donated you will get one ticket and I will make random dice rolls for winners of prizes!
    Thanks everyone :)

Attached Files:

10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Glad to see this coming along. Sounds like some great gifts too. Can we donate other types of gifts? I may have a few things I can donate.:mrgreen:
  11. josve

josve Active Member

This case is a really sad one!
    Now I see why I havent heard anything from my friend Russell
    I do my share when I get home from work tomorrow.
    If anyone talks with Russell,tell him I'm very sorry for his loss and I'm thinking of him and his family!
    Just hope they are well insured.
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I certainly will if I hear from him again in the near future. He sent me his cell number some time ago - I gotta dig it up...

If anyone else wants to donate to the raffle please let me know via pm. Please understand if you do donate an item that has to be shipped it will be up to the donater to ship.... it wouldnt be fair to the recipient to pay! :)
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'm cleaning out the garage now and getting together some things for the auction.
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Raffle - not auction :)
  15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Doh! Sorry, raffle. I've got several things and I'm looking for more. I've got some Star Wars things and some Trek things and I'm going to try and come up with some generic things. I've got a 1969 Apollo Moon Landing Commemorative coin, if I can find it...
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well dont go overboard ;) at this rate we will have more prizes than participants! (hint hint heh heh)
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Well, I haven't been able to find it, but I have found a couple of other things. Here's what I have, 1) HallMark Christmas Ornament Chewbecca and 3PO, 2) Star Trek Card game, on TOS and one TNG... and 3) Star Wars Darth Maul Rubik's Cube. Oh yeah and I'll take ten raffle tickets!:thumb:
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

cool :) I will add it to the prizes - in fact I should add them in the opening post - will do so with all prizes
  20. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow. Sorry, I've been enjoyinh the weather and working my tail off, haven't had time for mush of anything.