Code!

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Luis - Don't give too much credit to this, I'm just saying something so someone who knows can correct me!

I think that Atlas's "other" track is also code 80. It should be compatible with Peco's, as far as joining the two. Maybe a little cutting would be required on the ties of one or the other, I'm not sure.

If you are using sectional track, the geometry of the turnouts may be enough different to cause problems in making parallel sidings, ending up where you started from, etc.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by Xaniel
Hello,

What is the code of Atlas track.. beside code 55? Is it compatible with Peco CODE 80?

Can you guys show or give me an example of how is it done? I mean to mix those two kinds of track... :D :D :)

Hi Luis,
Peco N-scale code 55 is compatible with any other make of track that is code 55. It is not compatible with Peco code which is larger than 55 unless you use a compatible rail joiner which can be bought although I wouldn't recommend you do it that way. Stick with one code all the way through, I you won't go wrong.
Peco's code 55 is finescale by the way.

Shamus

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Now you got me confused, Shamus! I thought the N scale Peco Code 55 was actually Code 80 with .025 of it buried into the tie strip. If this is right, couldn't you join it easily with anybody's Code 80, but not anyone else's Code 55?