Cobblestones in HO scale by Peter H

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Peter welcome to the gauge, sorry, but I moved your post from Photography to General Talk.
---------------------------------------------------
Hello all-
I am new to this group and am really an "outsider" because I do not railroad. I am a 1/72 and 1/76 scale world war two armor and figure modeller and had a question that I thought would be right up this forum's alley:
I want to obtain some cobblestones in small scale.
I see that alot of companies produce it (Vollmer, Kibri, Faller) but wondered if anyone had a preference. My emphasis would be on realism and ease of use because I intend to make various shaped roads with grade changes. Should I get embossed plastic/paper sheets ? Should I get flexible tape ? Thanks for any help ! Peter Harrington

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Peter,

There is a product called AMI Instant Roadbed, which is made from synthetic rubber and granulated cork. It is dimensionally stable, so it will hold its shape after it has been molded or scored. It is sold in strips (various widths for railroad beds) and sheets. Their web site has a demonstration on how to make cobblestones out of it.

http://www.ami-roadbed.com

I've used it for various projects, including making a sidewalk, and I'm very pleased with the results. It's kinda fun to play with!

-Rory