Coal tower plans

fsm1000

I have been busy making a coal tower, water tower, sandhouse and of course the trestle. I am waiting for parts for most of these things, however I do have most of the coal tower done and so I thought I would let you guys have a look at it. The back part [the coal lift] is not done yet but the rest of it is.

I also have made a new section to my website that will contain downloads. At the moment the only thing it has is blueprints for the coal tower I am making. Just down load them and click them and they will make their own folders for you. Print them out without centering or resizing etc and they will be O scale sized for you. I scanned the actual model I made so it is fully legit.

Just click my websites main page [ Stephens Website - Stephen's Website  ] and scroll down till you see the links on the update area of the main page.

As usual it is all free. I made the blueprints because of the difficulty I had in getting a copy. Seems everyone but three guys wanted money for them. Anyhow, mine are free as I believe in giving back to this hobby.

Enjoy and have fun.

fsm1000

Jess you are welcome. And so farin 5 forums theonly one to say anything nice about it. I feel like I wasted a lot of time making the blueprints etc now. Dang. Oh well. At least someone enjoyed it. Thanks again:)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Two things...well, maybe three...
  1. That is indeed a nice tutorial of your coaling tower. Your efforts are appreciated and you are to be commended for putting it together so we can all learn and enjoy:thumb: :thumb:
  2. You might want to replace your thumbnails with larger pictures. Maybe that's one reason why you're not getting the response you expected
  3. You posted this message a hour ago, you need to give people more time to respond, even a couple of days for something like this...:wave: :wave: Not everybody has the time to spend right then and there, plus not everyone is on line at the time you post...:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fsm1000

Don I don't put in bigger pics because others have complained about the time it takes to load all the pics. There are almost 15 MB's of pics and dial up people asked me to make the smaller thumbnails. and so I did. I mean how hard is it to click a pic? Oh well.

As for the time you are right lol it is just that the speed at which the negs answered [and so many at the time] I guess I got irked lol.

And that for your comments, much appreciated that you took the time to do so :)

Don I did and answered you too:D

Loren might be because I scratch build all my structures:D They may not always be great but they are always UNIQUE lol. :) Thanks for the compliment:)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Very nice coal tower! Was there a prototype for it?, or was this a freelance design? You did say "unique", but that doesn't rule out using a prototype structure for inspiration.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
As I mentioned in my PM, this boathouse, which is an available kit now, is a freelance design, based on a number of different structures:

Attachments

• boathouse.jpg
    boathouse.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 89

fsm1000

Well some good news and bad news. The bad news is that my internet was down for a few days. The good news is that they gave me free internet for a month. :) That's why I have not answered for a while.

Sumpter. I just took pieces from a few that I have seen over the years. There is no prototype that I am aware of, although that does not rule one out that may look like this, I did not actually take the plans from any prototype

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I just took pieces from a few that I have seen over the years. There is no prototype that I am aware of, although that does not rule one out that may look like this, I did not actually take the plans from any prototype.

That is :cool: :cool: :cool: Can't wait to see the progress pics! :thumb:

Stephen,
As usual, nice work on the tutorial and model. I check your web site occasionally and always enjoy it. Keep up the good work.

Greg Elems

fsm1000

Thank you Greg for the upbeat compliment, I think I needed it after this week. Internet down and all sorts of fun [yuck] lol. Anyhow thanks:D