Coal Mine for HO Scale

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Clark A., Dec 2, 2004.

1. Clark A.

Clark A. Member

I need a coal mine for HO scale. It will be whatever type of coal is burned in a power plant. Please help.
  2. kchronister

kchronister Member

Ditto... I'll take one/suggestions as well. Anything but "The old Coal Mine" kit that's been marketed by Model Power and at least 2-3 other brand names over the years.
  3. Alan B

Alan B Member

Alpine has a couple of different mine types. They are western prototypes, but you will find underground mines in the east. Walthers has several mines, including a flood loader.
  4. Ho Modeler

Ho Modeler Member

How about the walthers mine kit
    I have it and it looks just great on my layout
  5. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

steam coal as it is called can come from any mine if you are doing western coal then a flood loader is in order walthers makes one.
  6. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

I really like Walthers New River Mine, I am just trying to figure out if I want stub end tracks, or the capability to pull straight through.

Here is a link to another forum, it has some pictures and some information that might be helpful in picking out the mine you want.;f=9;t=002599;p=1

Here is another link. I was very impressed with this guys work! Browse through his album, and check out his Blue Ridge Mine. It is incredible!

Hope this helps,