CNR N5-d

sablenip

I've just joined this site, I'm a model railroader (of sorts) and now I'm retired I have time to dig out my unfinished projects.
I have nice brass CNR N5-d 2-8-0 by Samhongsa that I bought 2nd hand years ago.
It is nicely painted and jewelled, but unlettered, so I have a Microscale decal set to finish it off. I've found loco numbers and tender capacities from internet searches, but I don't know what other lettering these locos carried. There are sets like "Keep Off" in the decal set but as i said, I don 't have enough info on placement for the fine lettering.
I would appreciate any info as I see there are some very knowledgeable modelers on this site.
I model C&O mainly, so CNR is a bit out of my knowlwge base or reference material.

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the forum! I hope one of the train guys picks up on this. I'm sure one will. More on the Paper model side myself, as far as knowledge. Feel free to search the forum for references and check out the Paper Model side for something different! :)

Z

Zathros

Patience, scissors,, Exacto blades, and models of objects you won't find anywhere. Including models of buildings and houses and can easily be scaled for use in train layouts. Also, detailed paper train models that can be used as filler for side tracks, or display.

Just give an indication of what you may be interested in, and we can point you in the right direction. :)

sablenip

CN N-5d

Don7
Thanks for your help. I have since acquired the decal set and am ready to finish of the loco. Even though it is OFM it is a fine little runner. I bought it 2nd hand and it was nicely painted black, with silver smokebox front, jewelled headlight and markers, and crew figures, but no running board stripe.
I dont think I would fit a can motor as it runs so nicely as it is.
The only other thing I might do is replace the jewelled hedlight with a constant lighting circuit and bulb.
Have you modified yours?

Electric cars are powered by coal!