CNR Hudson

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Seems to be a theme for a particular railroad around here lately, why should I be different! :D

ahd.sized.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice lookin' loco, Glen, but you've got me stumped: who makes it? I also like the looks of that inspection car behind the C-Liner.

Wayne

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
That's the annual President's choice train set engine from superstore. I believe it's made by IHC. Great price too.

The Inspection car is a Wiking Horch with n-scale wheels and N-scale steam engine pilot. I apinted it CN green and added maple leaf decals from a CDS passenger car decal set. It was inspired by a photo of a packard inspection car owned by the CPR until it had an unfortunate collision with a Selkirk steam loco.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Yeah, those President's Choice train sets come out every year at Christmas - they are made for our largest grocery store chain and very reasonably priced, and decent quality for what they are. I bet a lot of people in 20 years will be saying that was their first ever train - and how they got into the hobby. :D

Gotta love that vandy tender!

Val

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
Yhat's exactly how I got started, had been yappin' for a long time about gettin into trains and one day me'n the li'l woman was grocery shoppin' an' came across the Yard Bull, She "made me" buy it .I sold the engine at a swap meet and junked the rest, well the cars are layin' arround somewhere but they won't fit into the new'n' improved empire(don't I love to read myself talk)

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I have been toying with the idea to shorten the vandy tender, considering that it's almost the same length as the engine! I think Bob Bourdeaudid an article on it a while back in Canadian railway modeler.