CN on strike

Relic

Word is,on a yahoo model site, that CN workers voted 96% in favor of strike, if I got it right they could go out to morrow

galt904

I believe it's midnight tonight.

I'm not generally a union supporter, but from what I've read about the issues, all I can say to the UTU is, "Don't give in, stick it to 'em!"

Torpedo

galt904 said:
I believe it's midnight tonight.
That is what the press is reporting, but they are also reporting that the ITU has not authorized the UTU to strike, and that the UTU has not requested authorization from the ITU. The UTU is part of the ITU, which is senior in the hierarchy to the UTU.

And that's the latest news I have to pass TU. :D:D:D

Biased turkey

My question might be stupid, but does it means that not a single CN train is running, or could the managers run some reduced operation ?
Just curious and obviously not very familiar the way railroad unions work :)

galt904

Trains are still rolling. It's only the conductors on strike, and this time they went with just a few localized pickets, which were then locked out. Managers were busy substituting. All moot points now, since the government ordered them back to work. You can keep up with up the moment updates on the CN yahoo groups.

Biased turkey

Thanks for the info Chad.
At least my railfanning season won't be ruined, specially that the good weather is just around the corner here in Montréal.

Pooh Bah
Just a word: don't get too close to the railway. Way back when, a friend and I went down to see all the locos at Spadina roundhouse during a strike and were chased off Front Street by the police.