CN London Pics!

Agatheron

I'm working at home today, when I went outside I saw a CN Freight waiting on the double-track main near my house. This usually happens once or twice per week. So I decided to nab my digital camera and did a bit of train watching.

The train itself was a consist of a Dash 8-40CM in the lead (Road#2435), an SD40-2 (Road#5274), and a GP9RM (Road #7028).

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• dash840cm.jpg
    dash840cm.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 190

Agatheron

The SD40-2 and the GP9RM... If you look carefully, I think the first car in the train has a BNSF logo on it... We get all kinds of road names through here in terms of cars...

Attachments

• cn5274sd40-2.jpg
    cn5274sd40-2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 192

Agatheron

About 3-4 km east of this point line is a modest-sized yard. This picture was taken facing west from the east end of the yard. The double-track main is on the right hand side of the picture. CN4129, a GP9RM is one of the old warhorses that works this yard.

Attachments

• londonyardoverview.jpg
    londonyardoverview.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 186

Agatheron

Here's a shot of one of the other GP9RM's that works the same yard. I took this pic about a month ago... Road #7072

Attachments

• gp97072.jpg
    gp97072.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 177

railohio

Great idea for the photo of the lone Geep and the "High Speed Trains" sign! That was great composition! :eek:

Agatheron

The lone Geep with the High Speed Trains sign was an unintentional composition that worked out quite well. It's sitting in the engine pocket of the yard, which is about 1km west of where the other pics were taken. The two closest tracks are the high-speed mainline... ;)

I do have a few more pics...

These ones were taken over a month ago at or near the CN Talbotville yard, on the Southwold Spur, just northwest of St. Thomas... It's about 20-30km away from where I live, and services the Ford St. Thomas Assembly plant.

First pic is a pair of GP9RM's pulling empty parts cars away from the plant...

Attachments

• gp94143.jpg
    gp94143.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 175

Agatheron

Here's CN4117, another GP9RM sitting quiet in the Talbotville yard. Beyond it are several autoracks waiting to be moved into position for loading...

Attachments

• gp94117.jpg
    gp94117.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 171

Agatheron

In the town of Ingersoll, east of London, there is another Auto Plant. This one is General Motors, and is serviced by CP Rail rather than CN.

Attachments

• camiauto1.jpg
    camiauto1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 163

Agatheron

This one isn't nearly as spectacular, but it was taken immediately after the one with the GP/High Speed in it, looking east into the London Yard...

Attachments

• londonyard5.jpg
    londonyard5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 164

CN1

Again nice pictures. Well done. thank you for sharing.

Does the GP-9 looks better with the Zebra stripes or the Noodle livery?

:confused:

I like them both:thumb: :D :) ;) :thumb:

Agatheron

I'm kinda partial to the Zebra stripes on the GP9's... There's also an inbetween that has a picture of North America behind the CN Noodle.

Agatheron

Originally posted by Clerk
Boy! Those are great shots. From the looks of the snow up there, I am glad I am down here.

That's not a lot of snow for here... It's a bit earlier than usual... but when it comes, we get gobs of it... However, when you're used to it, you're used to it... :)

Clerk

I know what you mean. I was born and raised in Bellingham Wa. just a few miles south of the Canadian Border.

Agatheron

True... But Bellingham's climate is an awful lot milder than points further east. Vancouver is the warmest place in Canada... ;)