CN exec train

Was working the other night and was down by the tracks, I was a set of lights approaching so decided to see the CN or Cp freight rumble through.
As it got closer I noticed that it was not waisting any time, going faster that most freights, and as it got up to me I noticed that the front end was round. I took a closer look as it passed and it was what appeared to be two yes two, E7's or E8's, with the CN noodle on the front, a 45 degree large band on the side behind the cab area and some CN lettering on the side. Behind these was a short stainless what appeared to be baggage car, a few old time CN coaches, couple more stainless cars, think they were sleeper and diner, then at the end was a exec car with the large rear window. Through the back window there were several people sitting enjoying the ride. As I mentioned it completely threw me and by the time I realized what it was The engines had passed far enought that I was unable to read the numbers. On to the phone to my contacts at CN dispatch who advise that this is the new exec train, they purchaces two E8's from a US line and along with a gathering of passenger cars, coupled it to their exec car, now the bosses have a train to ride on. They could not say how long it was going to be hanging around or when/where it would be moving again but would be interested in seeing that one again...keep your eyes open all, nostalga comming down the tracks..
Ron..

fp9er

Here's part of the CN Executive train in 1999 in Winnipeg: only 4 cars, names as follows: Gatineau, Courier Des Bois, Tawaw, and Sanford Fleming. I was informed that this train was going "back east" on a freight that night. Maybe these are some of the cast you saw. I live right by the CN main and if these changed the train, adding those engines, I haven't seen it.....These were hidden out in the CN freight yards, BTW, with plenty of security! I got the photos with permission from the foreman while the cars were being serviced.

Paul McDougald.

Attachments

• CNbusinesscars.jpg
    CNbusinesscars.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 118
  • SanfordFleming-rear.jpg
    SanfordFleming-rear.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 114

fp9er

Thanks, all, for the welcome to The Guage! I model in N scale and do both CN and CP steam/diesel transition era. As I mentioned I live right by the CN main here in Winnipeg so CN is what I see most of. And I really enjoy reading the postings and viewing the photos in this forum....! BTW I've modelled in G, HO and N scale at one time or another--not necessarily in that order. Also have a small logging operation on my present layout...Lots of info in the other forums here!

Paul McD.