CN & BC Rail

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by farmer ron, Oct 26, 2004.

1. farmer ron

farmer ron Member

As we know CN bought out BC Rail a short time ago, I was wondering when we are going to start to see BC Rail equipment on CN lines, well was working last night and at 3:00am a CN coal train came through with a CN loco on the lead and BC Rail 4613 right behind it.. Will have to keep an eye out during day time to get some pics..Ron..
  2. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Hhhmmmm . . . haven't seen anything trundle through Edmonton yet . . . . . (and I'm right on the mainline at work, I do see a lot of their trains).
  3. cpr_boy

cpr_boy Member

I've seen a few BC rail engines around the yards in Edmonton. I have a few pictures but no scanner :(

Btw, I was travelling along the Yellowhead yesterday evening and saw a BNSF engine (AC4400 or Dash 9) coupled to 2 CN engines hauling an intermodel. What a beauty! I had a camera, but the battery died. Boy, I sure was mad. :mad:
  4. rockislandmike

Ugh, sorry I missed that too cpr_boy. You must be hanging up around here too if you're on the Yellowhead quite a bit (by up I mean northside by the CN mainline of course).
  5. Bnsftrainnut

Bnsftrainnut Member

Around Vancouver its been quite intresting in regards to the BCrail power that has been floating around town. This afternoon there were 3 units siting in frount of IKEA on King Eddy street ( 2 Dash 8's and one sd20-2 ) and of course no camera, and about 2 or 3 weeks ago i heard on the scanner that BCOL 758 ( sd 40-2 ) called for the fraser river bridge. 758 was the only unit on the south bound train in to Thorton yards.

6. Kim Paynter

Kim Paynter New Member

I have seen the odd one couplled to a couple of CN units on the main line in the Wolf Creek area west of Edmonton.
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Sounds like they're working their way east :)

8. Dawg

Dawg New Member

:( , sadly, I will never again see a Prototype unless I move. PEI has not had a train running for a long time now.
  9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I feel your pain Dawg!

10. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Does anyone have photo's of the BC Rail Equipment & Engines?
  11. rockislandmike

BTW, update - I see BCR locos quite frequently now through the CN mainline here in Edmonton. Usually once every couple of days (my commute home takes me along Walker Yard, and the parking lot for my office is right on the mainline).
  12. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Just hop over the Bridge to NS Dawg!, not that I expect BCRail units out this far east until they're on thier last legs, then you'll no doubt find then switching in Dartmouth yard with paint worn off to the primer!

13. siderod

siderod Member

Rockingham units have primer, if they're lucky!! Although, i think we finally found a prototype for running undecorated units on our trains...splatter some paint, stick on a faint CN and some numbers, and your good to go!

14. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Great idea Andrew!, that really is a good use of an undec!