Club Forming / oppourtunity in Northeast PA area

cruikshank

Wanted: members for a new Model RR Club in Northeastern PA.

A once in a lifetime opportunity came to my attention yesterday.

There is a ready made Layout, large in size consisting mainly of "O" scale

both 3 and 2 rail, plus some HO. This layout will be handed over to a CLUB or organization who promises to maintain, improve, and probably expand on it. This will allow us to run trains immediately, while we work together to improve and expand it.

The option of adding an additional HO or "N" layout is open to discussion.

The layout is located just off Route 81 in Schuylkill County. Within an hours drive from many major cities and towns of PA, including but not limited to: Harrisburg, Lebanon, Hazleton, Pottsville, Reading, Shamokin, Scranton Wilkes-Barre to name a few.

This is a limited opportunity so we need to gauge interest ASAP. So please respond accordingly.

The premise is to Model Anthracite Country realistically. This allows for

modeling the Reading, The PRR, The Lehigh Valley, and the CNJ. Plus smaller

mine railroads.

All areas of expertise can be used. Whether your thing is Operations,

scenery, kit or scratch-building of structures, electrical and electronics, carpentry, or maintenance and repair of rolling stock. You need not be an expert, just willing to lend your time and enthusiasm is most important.

Please Email d.cruikshank@comcast.net if interested. Thank you, Dave

I would be interested in learning more about this potential group, although I might be just a bit too far away to be a regular participant. I am about two hours north of Scranton (via I-81), so, if the location is between there and where I am (in the Finger Lakes of New York), it might be a bit more enticing. In any event, I wish you success.

cruikshank

Thanks for your replies and interest. To help you better decide if it's close enough for you, it's in the Frackville area, not as far north as Scranton, about 1 hour south of there. I have a close friend who is in contact with the owner. Unfortunately he doesn't use the internet, so I'm the messenger
icon_smile.gif

He is going to speak with the owner soon to nail down the rent cost etc. As Far as Dues like any club I think we would need some organizational meetings to set up dues etc. Thanks, I'll keep you posted. Dave

Thanks for the information. I know just about where Frackville is, and it's a bit far for me to participate. I do wish you luck, however, and I will be interested in progress reports, if you post them here.