Closing web site

iis612

Dec 26, 2006
Chicago Burbs
stripes said:
I am only trying to organize and offer better prices! I will be at Lindsay, Midland and Bracebridge in 2007!
For now my consentration will be on offering better prices and cutting down on my expenses. For example, IF I can eliminate the high cost that Yahoo was charging me, and focus on the building blocks, by using a simple mail order system and a newsletter, I should be able to reduce the cost of a one lb. bag of blocks from $8.49 down to $6.49
As you know, our shipping costs here in Canada are higher than the states, and as of the first of the year Canada Post had a price increase!
Anyway, The "Stucco Coating" and "Building Blocks" will always be available. The other products that I was importing from the States, and then most of the time ,shipping back down there are being eliminated, Plus I can not compete with the big discount ecommerce sites.
Bear with me guys! LOL.
David

PS, Will, who is your site provider??

Have you thought about setting up an ecommerce shop that warehouses and ships from the states? That may help get around some of the redundancy is shipping into Canada, then back to the states. It may also cut a large chunk of your shipping costs. Just a thought, as I have no idea what that setup could cost.

Warehousing

iis612 said:
Have you thought about setting up an ecommerce shop that warehouses and ships from the states? That may help get around some of the redundancy is shipping into Canada, then back to the states. It may also cut a large chunk of your shipping costs. Just a thought, as I have no idea what that setup could cost.

It sounds good untill you factor in taxes and overhead for 2 countries! Not ready to be a multi national company yet!sign1

Thanks for the idea though!
David

PS. Am developing the new site at this time! If anyone is interested please email me and I will put you on my newsletter list, so when I am back up you will recieve notice. Also I will post in the forums for folks to check out my new and (hopefully improved) site!

fsm1000

Jun 4, 2006
Coquitlam BC
fsm1000.googlepages.com
stripes said:
Ok, after spending several hours on the phone with great folks like Will and Spyder62 I think I can have another site up and running within a few days! Building Blocks, and Stucco Coating, plus detail parts are going to be my main products. I will limit the amount of structures I sell, and there will be no tutorials or ground covers, litchen etc.. ! But it will cut down on my bandwith and I can offer better pricing!!!!
Thank you for the great emails I have recieved, and especially to Will and Rich for there advice!!
aussie

David
modelrailstructures

Why not put that stuff on googlepages? It is free, and does not have spyware like freewebs does.
This way you can still offer the titorials etc and not pay for the bandwidth :D:D:D
Just make the tutorial link to the googlepages wensite is all. :)
I hope that helps.