Closing web site

stripes

Well I have to reorganize and have closed down modelrailstructures.
I will continue to go to local train shows and sell Building blocks through mail order.
I am selling some detail parts and structures on ebay!
My ebay id is ; modelrailstructures
Thank you,
David

COMBAT

David, are you no longer going to be selling stuff? I too have you bookmarked. I have to finish the bench and such before I can order anything. Bummer!

stripes

As I said, I am going to reorganize! The web site was costing me $52.00 a month and I was not selling enough to even support the site, never mind keep up with inventory.
I will still be in the forums, and will probably do some form of newletter and mail order business. The blocks are something I will defanatly keep up with.
David

jbaakko

Dang $52!? Maybe you shoudl just stick to making eBay auctions once a month or something?

spyder62

stripes said:
As I said, I am going to reorganize! The web site was costing me $52.00 a month and I was not selling enough to even support the site, never mind keep up with inventory.
I will still be in the forums, and will probably do some form of newletter and mail order business. The blocks are something I will defanatly keep up with.
David

Sorry to hear that David but know the feeling. I'm still tring to get the work in to pay off the laser
rich
rslaserkits

Will_annand

Wow, $52.00?

You are with the wrong ISP there David. My company website is only $28.00 per month and I get 50GB of space for that.

JAyers

Will_annand said:
Wow, $52.00?

You are with the wrong ISP there David. My company website is only $28.00 per month and I get 50GB of space for that.

To be honest, you probably aren't pulling in enough bandwidth to be costing more than $5-10 a month. I agree, check with a2.com, I have my website there and it cost about $3.99 a month, and that's with PHP, MySQL and other software goodies.

stripes

Web Site

I still have all my inventory, except what is selling on ebay at the moment. I also have kept the domain name so that when I found a provider that was reasonably priced I could continue. I will show my wife the sites you guys recomended, but from what I have seen, (Yahoo, Paypal, etc..) all charge lots of $ for ecommerce sites.
The website http://www.modelrailstructures.com is still active as a page under construction and has all my contact info. I am just trying to find a less expensive way of doing business, so all of us can reap a benefit. I even was thinking about some form of buying CO-OP?? Who knows???
Will keep everyone informed as I progress and any sugestions are welcome!
THIS IS MY HOBBY, so no matter what I am not going anywhere. LOL

And as I told my wife when I started! If this stuff don`t sell, I`m going to have one heck of a layout!:thumb:

David

Will_annand

David, there are a couple of local shows coming up.

Sorry I missed the Sudbury show last year.
Will we see you in Barrie on Feb 17-18, or in Midland on May 26-27?

stripes

Yes you will!

Will_annand said:
David, there are a couple of local shows coming up.

Sorry I missed the Sudbury show last year.
Will we see you in Barrie on Feb 17-18, or in Midland on May 26-27?

I am only trying to organize and offer better prices! I will be at Lindsay, Midland and Bracebridge in 2007!
For now my consentration will be on offering better prices and cutting down on my expenses. For example, IF I can eliminate the high cost that Yahoo was charging me, and focus on the building blocks, by using a simple mail order system and a newsletter, I should be able to reduce the cost of a one lb. bag of blocks from $8.49 down to $6.49
As you know, our shipping costs here in Canada are higher than the states, and as of the first of the year Canada Post had a price increase!
Anyway, The "Stucco Coating" and "Building Blocks" will always be available. The other products that I was importing from the States, and then most of the time ,shipping back down there are being eliminated, Plus I can not compete with the big discount ecommerce sites.
Bear with me guys! LOL.
David

PS, Will, who is your site provider??

Will_annand

David, I am in Hunstville on Cogeco high speed, Cogeco are hosting the site for me. You can have anyone host your site. To get the Paypal link up, you need a Paypal account, I am not sure how much that is. You might want to ask Rich (spyder62) about Paypal. I redid Rich's site and am currently administrating both my site and RSlaser Kits site.

stripes

Ok, after spending several hours on the phone with great folks like Will and Spyder62 I think I can have another site up and running within a few days! Building Blocks, and Stucco Coating, plus detail parts are going to be my main products. I will limit the amount of structures I sell, and there will be no tutorials or ground covers, litchen etc.. ! But it will cut down on my bandwith and I can offer better pricing!!!!
Thank you for the great emails I have recieved, and especially to Will and Rich for there advice!!
aussie

David
modelrailstructures

Will_annand

You are most welcome David. Always like to help keep a Canadian business up and running. Escpecially one with such a caring owner.

Thanks for sticking around.

spyder62

Hey David just keep after it . It will work out in the end, I hope on this end also have that laser to pay off before I make a dime.
rich
rslaserkits.com