"Cliffhangers" - Wall Mounted Trains

P

philip

mounting

I wild guess...........most likely screwed into the wall studs....probably comes with a mounting kit and some matching plugs. Neat!!
philip:)

Screws or hooks inserted into the wall, and then the sceniced items simply drop onto them..same way you'd mount a wall clock or a wall light I would imagine.

Simon

Russ Bellinis

I've seen them at train shows out here in Cali. They are mounted just like wall clocks or picture frames. You just need to anchor them into studs for strength. I think the basic structure is foam, so they are light weight, but of course the locomotives you might choose to run on them would not be light.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by Russ Bellinis
I've seen them at train shows out here in Cali. They are mounted just like wall clocks or picture frames. You just need to anchor them into studs for strength. I think the basic structure is foam, so they are light weight, but of course the locomotives you might choose to run on them would not be light.

That's what I was wondering.. :) The G Scale engines are heavy. But now I have some ideas for my "wall layouts" :D :D :D

belg

This is one of the freshest ideas I've seen in a long time, don't know if it's new or been around for a while but it's done very well.:cool: :D

shamus

Registered Member
Very nice idea that, if I can get the wife to agree (Hmmm) I might put one around the living room.
shamus

RailRon

I've never seen something like this. They are well done, the vertical landscape looks really very believable.

This reminds me of one technique of ship modeling, where you model only one side of a ship, but complete with masts and rigging (imagine a ship model cut in half lengthwise). This half-ship is then hung at a wall like a picture.

The mounting od such a Cliffhanger has to be quite sturdy, preferably by hooks in wall dowels. It even must not rock a bit, or else your rolling stock comes tumbling down... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now the good news for Sir Prize: You surely can do such a thing in N, too. And because N is so light, two small nails might suffice to hang it to the wall! :D :p

Ron

Sir_Prize

That's what I was a think'n!
Just that it might take a bit before I can start on something...
I'm a work'n on....
1)N-trak Canal-side Module (15% scratch built)
2)N-trak Future City Module (98% scratch built)
3)Coffee table layout for the folks (20% scratch)
4)Shelf layout for my bedroom (20% scratch built)
5) (Non-train) Mercedes Benz Uni-Mog Camper (50% Scratch built)

Hmmmm.... Yup! That's all of it.
Those and working a 40 hr. week and helping the folks
around the house tend to keep me busy. :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D