Clickable Trackplan

nalmeida

Nov 12, 2003
Lisboa - Portugal
nalmeida.web.pt
Great layout Shamus, I love the way you depict nature in your layout, everything seems so real. As for the map, yes it's a great way to picture everything together, the only suggestion I have is if it was possible to mark in the map where you can click, with the symbol of a photo camera for example, it would make things easier since at the momnet we are never sure if we saw everything or if we forgot something in the middle. Keep up the good work.

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
Originally posted by shamus
Okay, done with the camera in place so you can see where to click.

Great concept Shamus!

Why not take it a step further and instead of showing the camera, show a red arrow that points in the direction of the view?

Just thinking outloud. :confused:

Time to go back to sleep. :sleeping:

(OK, so I just wanted to use that smiley.)

grlakeslogger

Sep 2, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
Hello Paul. I just checked out the site. It looks great. The camera icons on the layout plan are a great guide. Incidentally, I use the term "layout plan" rather than "trackplan" because your rendering of scenery and other features does not leave me guessing what a particular track is supposed to be or what I can expect to see at any particular location. Thank you for sharing your work with us via the web!
--Stu--

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Pete, The Bear Creek, is that the layout I made and photographed for a Mr "Tony Hall".? just wondered.

Cheers
Shamus

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Works for me too - IE5 running on a Mac OS9. Stunning pictures - what a great layoout!!!!

I'm curious Paul, what do you do with your old layouts when you're changing scale? Looks like you've have N, HO, and O over the years. How many different layouts have you actually had?

Val

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
spitfire said:
Works for me too - IE5 running on a Mac OS9. Stunning pictures - what a great layoout!!!!

I'm curious Paul, what do you do with your old layouts when you're changing scale? Looks like you've have N, HO, and O over the years. How many different layouts have you actually had?

Val
Gee Val,
I would think around 30 altogether for myself and around 15 I have built for other people.LOL Its a great hobby. yessiree. :wave:

Shamus