Clickable Trackplan

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by shamus, Nov 9, 2003.

1. nalmeida

nalmeida Member

Great layout Shamus, I love the way you depict nature in your layout, everything seems so real. As for the map, yes it's a great way to picture everything together, the only suggestion I have is if it was possible to mark in the map where you can click, with the symbol of a photo camera for example, it would make things easier since at the momnet we are never sure if we saw everything or if we forgot something in the middle. Keep up the good work.
  2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Okay, done with the camera in place so you can see where to click.
  3. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

Great concept Shamus!

Why not take it a step further and instead of showing the camera, show a red arrow that points in the direction of the view?

Just thinking outloud. :confused:

Time to go back to sleep. :sleeping:

(OK, so I just wanted to use that smiley.)
  4. grlakeslogger

grlakeslogger Member

Hello Paul. I just checked out the site. It looks great. The camera icons on the layout plan are a great guide. Incidentally, I use the term "layout plan" rather than "trackplan" because your rendering of scenery and other features does not leave me guessing what a particular track is supposed to be or what I can expect to see at any particular location. Thank you for sharing your work with us via the web!
  5. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Amazing Paul.... clicking on the cameras and the quility of the photos are fantastic.
  6. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Very Cool Paul :thumb:

Oh cool new smileys too!!!

I need this one :eek: often LOL
  7. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks my good friends, it was well worth the effort making it up. :wave:

8. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

That is such a neat idea. The ultimate tour of a "shamus" layout. Great work, Paul. :) :) :thumb: :thumb:
  9. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Works for me!, also, had some back issues of Model Railroading come into the store, Aug 1999, and Aug 2000, so I now have Bear Creek, and Badger Creek articles. Neat!
  10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Pete, The Bear Creek, is that the layout I made and photographed for a Mr "Tony Hall".? just wondered.

11. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Works for me too - IE5 running on a Mac OS9. Stunning pictures - what a great layoout!!!!

I'm curious Paul, what do you do with your old layouts when you're changing scale? Looks like you've have N, HO, and O over the years. How many different layouts have you actually had?

12. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I must have seen it after a long dry was the Bear River!
  13. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Gee Val,
    I would think around 30 altogether for myself and around 15 I have built for other people.LOL Its a great hobby. yessiree. :wave:

14. dcfxq

dcfxq Member

Me too!

WinXP using Firefox (new Mozilla) works great!