Clever Santoros model instructions.

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Hello everyone. I've started work on the Clever Santoros Enterprise B/Lakota and at the moment I'm just working on cutting out a bunch of the windows... yes they're very tiny and yes its very tedious but it looks really cool and sure seems to bring it to life.
Here's my problem, and I couldn't find any answers in the forum( did I not type in words correctly in search maybe), There are no instructions or diagrams on any of his models that I can find.
Am I missing something somewhere? Im not familiar enough with the ship designs to know where all the little bits go, or their relationship to the other parts, to know how they're supposed to go together, without diagrams and parts references.
P.s.. I'll post pics of what the parts look like with lit windows here shortly.
:mrgreen:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Clever is a member here at Zealot.
I would suggest sending him a PM and asking him the questions that you have about the model. I am certain that he would be more the willing to give you the help you need.

Good luck with it.

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Thank you Rhaven... feel free to giveme a good hearty old fashioned " no duh" smack at the back of the head. Let's see how many obvious no duhs it takes me to start figuring out ways to go about things huh?!. idea1:mrgreen:hamr

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Well, I have been compared to Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs for doing just that very same thing. I do have to say that I am quite good at it. So, consider it done "PROBIE".sign1

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA.....I got the best laugh out of the fact that when I was replying to you, I absolutly had the image of you smackin the back of my head and walking past and saying indifferently 'keep up the good work Dinozzo' and shaking your head. hahahaha. That was great.

I took a few pics of the pieces being back lit...Please forgive how incredibly horribly blurry the images are.
I have a camera that is just the worst i have ever had. It's auto focus, and doesnt let me manually focus, and each picture is a crap shoot because it's constantly pulling in and out of focus during pictures. It cant ever figure out that it's actually at a good focus and stay there. It has nearly gone across a few tarmacs at airshows.
All that said, the pics, albeit out of focus, still give a good idea of how awesome Clever's models will look, after I silver the back sides for light block and run some fiber optics to just the nav beacons and strobes oand surface lights, just so theyre a bit brighter and more intense.

Attachments

• 100_3569.jpg
    100_3569.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_3568.jpg
    100_3568.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_3570.jpg
    100_3570.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_3571.jpg
    100_3571.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_3572.jpg
    100_3572.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_3576.jpg
    100_3576.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_3575.jpg
    100_3575.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_3574.jpg
    100_3574.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_3573.jpg
    100_3573.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 20

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
the neat thing about the back lighting, is that anywhere that a surface light is another color in the ink, even though a needle hole is punched through the paper, the light pinpoint takes on that color..pretty cool.
Up close, in person,all those tiny lights that look so glaring and almost out of scale, dnt look quite as big.
All the windows are really nothing more than just a sewing needle pushed through until a point where the diameter of the needle matched just under the diameter of the printed window. The longer oval windows are just the same method at both ends and then the center very carefully cut with a sharp running blade.
The end game will be that every area that would be lit on the "real" thing, will be lit here. Windows punched through, fiber optics run to the beacons etc, and areas like the impulse engines and nacelles will just be masked off on back side b4 i light block it, so that after removing the masking, the light under the paper will give those a decent glow that is even and subdued.
spot light patterns on the hull will also be masked b4 the light block is painted from back side, etc etc.

Attachments

• 100_3565.jpg
    100_3565.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 10

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I have to say that you are off to a really good start and have a GREAT idea for this build. I will be CLOSELY following it.
I am looking forward to seeing just how it will all turn out.

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Subscribed!!!

Nice work, my friend! :sign1 sign1
Couldn't resist the joke... Seriously now: is that model in .PDO? If it is, than expect no instructions, you'll just have to make it out of Pepakura Viewer. In case it isn't, we're still very lucky to have Clever as a member here, and then you can do as Rhaven righteously pointed out.
All the best,

Rogério

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
thank you all very much. It's going to be a tedious one, but i know patience and stick with itness will pay off. Unfortunately Rogerio when I downloaded the pages they downloaded straight to PDF format. They opened up on the page that way. I did contact Clever, so I'm crossing my fingers,as I intend to do all his models this way. starting with the B and Excelsior, just because i really love those designs...Then I'm tackling Rawen's large scale refit and A and reliant the same way..but it should be easier because of size....and getting to create the arboretum out of a bunch of different textured and patterned papers is going to be a lot of fun.
Oh heck....the truth is I', tackling all my Star Trek models this way...some more involved than others. Ive done the same thing as as tests on a few of the star wars PDO kits out there too. I'll post those when I track them down. It was awhile ago.

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Hey McGee,

I like your style!
For a new member here, you sure pick a cool model to build and give us a report too.

Good luck in the assembly!

Best Regards,

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Hey Thank you Ron. Very Much. I really appreciate that very much. Your enterprise model is also on the docket..a few months away..after Christmas, but it's on the list for the same kind of treatment.
I'd like to ask you here, since I have your ear. When I begin it, would you be willing to make a custom secondary hull, or allow me to design the parts and shapes, of a Belgium class star ship with that bigger fatter hull that has docking bay at both ends?
I'm not a strong designer, so It would look a ton better if you did it, but I wouldnt mind trying.
If I do, Im just going to build it up and submit the pics, and leave it up to you if you want to allow a modification or conversion.
I really really like your design work and style on your enterprises. Thank you again.