1. Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is a new photo gallery section. You can create your own personal photo gallery (to include setting up your own albums). You can even post videos. You can also post and share photos in the galleries of others (if that person allows such), as well . ENJOY!!!

Clear tape

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by shepperdspie, Jun 5, 2004.

1. shepperdspie

shepperdspie New Member

Is wrapping tape around normal slick tires any good for drifting or is PVC tires your best shot? :roll:
  2. JDM_Drifter

JDM_Drifter New Member

pvc is your best shot or want to spend more go get some yokomo drift plus rings.
  3. VDubbin

VDubbin New Member

By "Clear tape", are you referring to Sellotape? That would be too soft for drifting, and you would be scuppered at the first sign of moisture.
    Depeneds on how much grip you want, I suppose.
  4. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Member

Actually electric tape seems to work decent also, but sometimes it can be to soft but its durable...scotch tape or packing tape would not adhere very well...
  5. rover_mini

rover_mini New Member

i have a rover mini cooper 1/10 and i dont know how i chuld make it drift its front whell drive
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Packing Tape Sucks for 1/10th scale. its ok for 1/18th however. Electral tape is for if you want to use rubber, but need a Bit more slippage on the inside.
  7. pHaeded

pHaeded New Member

Get a 4 Wheel Drive car...
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Accually its possible to make a FWD car drift. You just have to know how :wink:
  9. pHaeded

pHaeded New Member

Which is better to Drift with? An AWD or FWD or RWD? I bet your going to say AWD...
  10. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Nope... AWD is good, but RWD is the best way to go. If i had a choice, i would take RWD with Rubber tyres, 10T motor, and LOW gearing.

However, in the RC world, AWD is best because it "auto corrects" itself if you get out of hand with the PVC tires. And running RWD with PVC just doesnt work, and FWD you have to just hammer the throttle, lock the front, and spin it, and learn to counter steer.
  11. bdrift

bdrift New Member

RWD is the best. while AWD is the easiest and has faster speeds BUT doesn't look realistic at times.

RWD is possible. almost 80% there after last night. should be ready now that i readjusted the car. it is a tamiya m04 chassis car so it is even twitchier than it should be but i love a challenge. of course vids will follow my post when it happens. we were tripping how realistic it looks with the countersteering now being held for more than a moment vs AWD style where you counter for only a moment.

we got lucky on the tire setup but it works awesome. just had to redo the stock modded diff.

i'll probably post it in rcdori first.

b
  12. sideways

sideways New Member

In 1:1 scale thats called ass dragging , usually done by ricers in civic hatchbacks :lol:
  13. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Hey... dont diss on them Civs. I've seen a Honda Civic... 91', smash a FD and FC... But ya, its not a very common seen technique