Claudio's and Ron Caudillo's models on ebay

Discussion in 'Internet Auction Offerings' started by Ron Caudillo, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

more detailed explanation for what ? are they so dumb ? :O
  2. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Big Sticks! Big Sticks send round the men with big sticks!!!!.
    E bay will go round in circles until the matter is dropped I have tried to report dodgey deals before and their complaints system is poor to say the least, I think they know that there is a large amount of piracy involved in the items being sold and that to stop it would reduce their revenue these days more than ever money talks and thanks to the internet it talks many languages. Keep plugging away though the straw that broke the camels back might be reached at some point and who knows now that a stolen UK Gov lap top has been bought off of Ebay complete with top secret Home Office disc Ebay might be made to take more care of what is advertised on it.
  3. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

They will keep doing that

Please submit more
    please submit more

I kinda believe you might actually be email a Bot...and auto reply program using key words rather than a genuine person reading your email...

Hows about one of us get the CD, ask to pay by Postal order/check and get the guys home address and.....well you know?...5 hour time difference between Ireland and the US means an 8am phone call is....very very early...?
    John John
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Hi CJ, I do have anti virus, but it was is the other threats I didn't like.

However I have joined the party and sent this guy a message. He is really going to get mad when he opens his in box and sees all the complaints.
  5. kneedeep

kneedeep New Member

are you people mad that this guy figgured a way to sell models that you could not? if it is about money, you guys should have made your models for sale.

if you offer the model for free, the discussion should end there.

i think he is providing a valuable service to the lazy and stupid and i really do not see the harm.

i do however see the harm in suggesting to beat him with big sticks.

this forum has sunk to a brand new low.
  6. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Thanks again all!

I think the best part is that this seller CONTINUES to receive mesages even after the CD is no longer up for sale (today anyway). He must be getting pretty anoyed by now and hopefully think twice before attempting to sell it again in the future. That should effectively take care of him.

Even though there are others, we can continue to chip away at them as they are discovered. Mount Everest is climbed one step at a time after all. I may continue to get the runaround from ebay, but with all the support from the community I've seen, these others can be rooted out and dealt with.

Kneedeep, the decision to sell a model or not is the designers, not some other guy who has no permission. It is not a matter of "can't sell your own work". For me, this is a hobby and I want to share it for FREE. People should not have to buy a FREE model.

Best Regards,
  7. Gixergs

My apoligise for the big stick comment it was not intended to be taken seriously but merely to convey the frustration felt at the issue being put by the others in this thread moderators please feel free to delete my comments as I have nothing but respect for the members of this forum and do not wish to cause offence to any who contribute.
  8. kneedeep

kneedeep New Member

not a troll, a concerned member who feels this forum is in trouble.

have you guys yet realized that this ebay guy is a paper modeler? obviousley, otherwise how would he know about all the best free models?

he is probably sitting back right now, reading this thread, laughing his butt off, and you are all fueling him.
  9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Gixergs, why should you apoligise. The 'big stick' comment was obviously a joke and I would put money on nearly everyone on the forum thinking it was a joke.
  10. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Laughing his butt off? What at our discust at his piracy?

Funny is it? I think not. By saying that he is merely providing a finders service of sorts does not give him the right to make a profit from Designers hard work.

If this were merely about deisgners losing out on money then they would choose to sell the models themselves. Naturally.

This is about the principle of one man/woman taking anothers hard work and exploiting it to their own gain. If he is indeed a papermodeller, then he would know full well about our views on piracy and theft and would honor the designers wishes by not selling their models.

Perhaps if you yourself took part a little more here you would understand a little better yourself and would not be posting ridiculous comments like that.

Of course the "stick" comment was a joke. It's about the only thing you can joke about when talking about something like this. I certainly saw it as just that and for one do not think that this forum is in trouble. Again,that is another ridiculous statement.
  11. Gixergs

It was not my intention to inflame this thread with my stick comment , blame it on a misspent youth watching Monty Python, I feel that given the recent loses to the forum through misunderstandings that I should refrain from posting comments or at least take a couple of days to think them through first. One last word though White Bicycles were provided in holland for the free use of all the only condition was that they be placed back in designated areas for the use of others. People started taking them and selling them, they were offered free buy the owner who could of sold them but did not wish to is the taking and selling of these bicycles then not theft as the owner was offering them for free use?
  12. Master-Bruce

Well put!! :)

Though I honestly don't think it was truly the stick comment that fueled this. More one members take on piracy in general.

You're innocent in my eyes Gixergs.;)
  13. Gixergs

Thank you that means a lot
  14. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

kneedeep: you are so childlish. For people like you I can just ignore. Remember that you can do whatever you want, but it's other's role to judge.
  15. Gixergs

Ok ingnoring my own advice I post again. I use to be an avid maker of the other types of model then I was injured in a work accident and was unable to work so therefore unable to afford the prices of said models. I by luck or fate came across free paper models and ultimately to this forum where the skill and gerorousity displayed by its members is humbling. Not just the models but in advice and tutorials the fact the the offending seller is or might be a member means the this is not only theft but betrayal and there is no excuse for that. Sorry to keep poking at this but my quality of life has been improved through the kindness shown by the members of this forum and of all designers that offer their work for free if they are able to design these works of art then they know enough to be able to sell them thankfully they choose not to and this should be respected by all not abused I hope that the designers continue to offer their work free of charge but I do not think that any could be blamed should they choose not to.
  16. Ron Caudillo

This is a serious subject, but I just have to lighten the mood:

As soon as I found out about this original listing on ebay, I sent out e-mails to a lot of people (along with starting this thread) asking them to contact the seller and let him know what we thought about it.

About an hour later, one of the guys that I e-mailed gave me a call. He said to me, "Ron, I checked out the listing and was getting ready to leave a message, but because I like your models so much, I had to buy the CD for myself."

He was just joking of course and we had a great laugh about it, but you should have seen my initial reaction!

Best Regards to all (even you Kneedeep),
  17. Master-Bruce

LOL!!! That's good, I like that. :)

I'd have loved to hve been a fly on the wall to see your face though Ron. LOL
  18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Until you have created a kit and placed a considerable amount of time that it takes to go from nothing to a final kit then hand over the kit to the public with the trust that they are taking it for free to build because you enjoy giving (many designers are even going further by PAYING for hosting so that you and others can download for free these models)... you really should not take the side of someone who can click a link, drag a file and drop it onto a cd and then demand money for it (that is not 'figguring' that's being ignorant of others for self gain).

In Canada. It is legal to download music from the internet. According to your views. It is ok for me to take these songs and burn them to a cd and sell the CDs for say ... $5 because it's easier than buying all those cd's just to hear 1 or 2 songs from each cd. Well, I did get them for free didn't I?

Read up on intellectual property rights first before you come in to a card model forum and justify some thief making money from our efforts.
  19. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

well said steve_0 i am greatful to all the designers out there that make it possible for all of us to build models and pursue a great hobby freely i dont want to see the community being destroyed by some jerks who think its ok to sell freely available models
    i found claudios batmobilerecently for sale on ebay uk contacted claudio to let him know and then reported it to ebay and sent the seller loads of msgs telling him he was out of line the item was removed which i was glad about.
  20. Ron Caudillo

E-Bay's reply and resolution

Hi all,

I got some run around from e-bay so I sent them a suitable reply:

Hello Siennah,
    I'm a bit confused here. If you made or designed something and someone else is selling it without you permission, can you honestly say there is nothing wrong? This person is selling my work WITHOUT MY PERMISSION for HIS OWN PROFIT. If this is not a clear case of intellectual property infringement then ebay needs to seriously rethink their interpretation of copyright infringement. Kindly state your reasons you do not believe this sale is legal!
    Ron Caudillo

--- eBay Customer Support <> wrote:
    > Dear Ronald,
    > Thank you for contacting the VeRO Program.
    > The eBay Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program is
    > designed to process
    > reports of intellectual property infringement.
    > However, from the
    > information you provided, it doesn't look like
    > you're reporting an
    > incidence of infringement.
    > If you're trying to report a stolen item, please go
    > to:
    > Stolen Property and Property with Removed Serial Numbers*
    > If you believe that these listings do infringe your
    > intellectual
    > property rights, please reply to this message with a
    > more detailed
    > explanation.
    > Thank you for your time.
    > Sincerely,
    > Siennah
    > eBay Customer Support

Then I got this e-mail the very next day (Tuesday, March 4):

Thank you for contacting us.
    We are pleased to inform you that the following listing(s) you reported have been removed from eBay in response to the Notice of Claimed Infringement you recently sent:

We have notified the seller and all participating bidders that the
    listing(s) has been removed due to your request.

If the Notice of Claimed Infringement contained items that are not
    listed above you will receive a separate email communication about those
    items. These notices may arrive at different times (over a period of up
    to several hours) as items for different sellers are processed

If you should have any questions or concerns regarding this matter,
    please do not hesitate to contact us again.

VeRO Program
    eBay Trust & Safety

I didn't have the heart to tell them it was already removed back on Feb 27th by the seller (who apparently bought it himself). I guess the one redeeming factor is that THEY AGREE the sale should be removed. This will be one to keep and throw back at e-bay should they decide to rule otherwise.

Best Regards,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.