civil aircraft

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Nothing, May 23, 2008.

level of interest for civilian airliners etc.

Poll closed Jun 2, 2008.
  1. huge interest

2. good interest

3. casual interest

4. no interest

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i am curious as to how much interest there is out there for civilian airplanes. airliners etc.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

We at DGA have recently released some of Guido's civil aviation creations and they have done very well. So this is some interest in non-military aircraft..........:thumb:

3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

please excuse my ignorance but i am unfamiliar with DGA. what is this?

i searchered your posts and found it. thanks!
  4. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

I'm more interested in the 'Golden Age' types rather than the more modern ones.
  5. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I'm interested buddy! Though I'm more a sci-fi guy(as you well know) I'm becoming more and more open minded towards other genres too. I voted for casual interest.

Plus I like to see what people are doing in terms of design in the other genres too. :D After what I saw from you yesterday, I'm sure you'll have something to offer to this theme. ;)

I know this isn't civilian but is the a nice papermodel of Air Force One? Preferably free, I have to be tight these days. LOL!
  6. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

I have an interest in the earlier planes as well, the Connies and Comets plus the between war aircraft like the Ford Tri-Trimotor and the lovely lovely Flying Boats and the HP42's
  7. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Well, in addition to the military type planes, I'm a big fan of racing planes. Converted WW2 planes, special purpose race planes, stunt bi-planes - doesn't matter.
  8. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I always gaze at the skies whenever a local commercial liner past above my head... I go as fascinated with it as a kid.

So long ago I built the Airgami planes, very nice, and easy to do, from all over the world.

9. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

My favorites are the large prop airliners of the 40's and 50's starting with the DC-4 and culminating in the Constellation. IMHO, the Connie is the most aesthetically pleasing airliner ever manufactured. It just looked fast sitting on the ground.

I flew in the Connie twice and it was a joy!
  10. logicman

logicman Greybeard

I voted "casual interest".

I go for

the old: biplanes - Handley Page, De Havilland etc.,

the unusual: Fairey Rotodyne,

the aesthetically pleasing: Focker Friendship, Lockheed Constellation,

the absolutely ugly: Short Skyvan.

11. DavidESP

DavidESP Member

I'd like to see some of the ones logicman mentioned. Particularly 30's, 40's and early 50's stuff.

I'd really like the 50's era Beechcraft Beaver with interior, Sikorsky S-38 amphibious plane w/interior and the DeHavilland Dragon Rapide w/interior.

I would really appreciate any links to free or pay versions of these 3.

12. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Casual interest.
    Some of the tri-motor planes from the first half of the 20th century look good.
    The modern designs look good too, especially some of the experimental ones. The modern personal and business jets or turbo-props look good. If a real one is too much for the bank account, then a model of one is good for dreaming.:)
  13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

woa! thats an awsome site milenio3! thanks for posting that!!
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ive seen that. its an awsome airport.
  15. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thinking about that airport at 1/400 or 1/500, the planes would only average out at 5 or 6 inches.
  16. 727engineer

727engineer New Member

Have a look at my avatar!!! I love it!!! Fascinated by Boeing, and alot of smaller stuff like BN2t, DHC-6 and 328 dornier.
  17. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

I would like if some one designing a Boeing B727-100/200 series. That would be awesome. I work for a Maintenance organization for DC9 / MD80's, 737's, Fokker F28 / 100's and 727 VIP's and cargo's. Would love to see some of these displayed at our reception.............
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

All big jets! From Comet onwards, DC9, Il62, Tu154, A340 are all my favorites!! --Plus the Constellation ;) Sad thing few are available for free though... >_< (Preferably better than Airigami ones...)
  19. I love military planes though I avoid building them for the most part. I prefer to stay with civilian or non combatant planes. This is just a personal choice and no ctriticism intended for those who build the combatant type models. I still enjoy watching my fellow modelers as they build whatever.

If we could have a greater array of historic commercial or what I call "non-combatant aircraft" (I avoid those which were offensive weapons not transport vehicles)that would be great.
  20. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Like others here I love the Connie in all her incarnations, the Comet is drop dead beautiful, as is the Convair (especially in her Canadair Cosmopolitain version).

I would really love to see the AVRO Canada Jetliner done.