Circuits for Model railroads

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Nice website Mikey, thanks for posting it.
Shamus
waver.gif

jimnrose

Feb 1, 2001
Orleans Ma. USA
Visit site
Mikey,
thanks for posting the circuit site. I will use the rectifier bridge using schotsky diodes regulate the DCC wave form thereby allowing me to put bi-color LED's across the rails to indicate the polarity (train direction). This is especially useful when the track is broken into various circuits to allow for multidirectional use such as reverse loops, 'Y' or ramps between track levels.
Take care, Jim

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by jimnrose
Mikey,
thanks for posting the circuit site. I will use the rectifier bridge using schotsky diodes regulate the DCC wave form thereby allowing me to put bi-color LED's across the rails to indicate the polarity (train direction). This is especially useful when the track is broken into various circuits to allow for multidirectional use such as reverse loops, 'Y' or ramps between track levels.
Take care, Jim

Does that mean - that you could make "signals" out of them too?? :)

I'm glad it'll help you! thanks!!

jimnrose

Feb 1, 2001
Orleans Ma. USA
Visit site
Converting a pulsed DCC waveform into a polarized DCvoltage level would allow for both light signals (bi-levvel LED mounted into a signal block) or a semiphore signal. Ciould also be used to indicate track polarity (direction) especially when the track is out of sight (tunnels or behind obstacles). I'm away from my layout
but when I return I'll build a rectifier and power a bi-color LED.
Radio Shack's Cat# 276-1653 has 25 schotsky diodes for $2.49.
Take care, Jim