Discussion in 'FAQs' started by rjh, Feb 4, 2005.

1. rjh

rjh New Member

Has anyone got a circuit for a arc welder simulation they want to share?
  2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

You can use 555's set up to run astable at 5VDC, two different freqs and nand them together to drive the LED at a "random" rate. You can use white LEDs, but UV LEDs would really look good!
  3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member see "more circuits" "flickering fire". Timing can be tweaked by adjusting 3.3M, 1M or the cap to the left of hte IC.

Fred_M had a welding circuit, you might ask for his schematic if he doesn't respond here.

4. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I use 2 flashing red leds with 1 ultra brite white Leds in series with them and a 220 ohm bypass resistor around the red reds to maintain constant briteness on the white at a certain level. The reds are hidden and only the white is visible. The reds will flash out of sequence (nothing is perfect) with each other and brighten the white led when they are in an on state. Ran it at 3 volts it flickers and flutters real nice, and has only 4 parts. I can build you one for a few dollars, just pm me if you want one. Fred
  5. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Hadn't thought of circuits, but could use something like that on the building way on the Ntrak module.
  6. shortliner

shortliner Member

Fred - I've been trying to get it to run all afternoon. Two red flash leds in series will only run on 4.5v - on 3v they sit blankly doing nothing. Put a super bright white in series with them with a 220R resistor around the reds and the white comes on and nothing else happens, no flash just solid white. A single flash red withoutthe resistor simply makes the white go on and off in time with it - resistor in , back to solid white,no flash! Feed it with 9v and everyting flashes in sync - until you put the resistor in, at which point only the white works I'm confused
    Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands
  7. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

The White is in series with the two flashers which are in parallel.