Circuitrom FL-2 alternating flasher

handyman692

I purchased a circuitron fl-2 flasher unit, want to hook it up to a set of tomar cross bucks, can anyone help with the wiring? the directions are really vauge to me, ty

handyman692

not much with a putter but the circuit board has hook up points marked as follows,

from left to right ( - + C out L R ) 6 points, I don't have detections units yet, but hopefully down the road will do that, I just want to be able to turn them on and off for now with a SPST, It has directions too, but I can't make sence of them , if it helps my e mail is paintingetc@fuse.net if you need something scanned I can do it that way, thanks for the help

cidchase

Ty, just scan the hookup sheet and post it here.

Down below the text entry box on the posting or reply screen press the button "Manage Attachments", then "browse" to the jpg file name, double-click on it, then "Upload". If the file is too big you can shrink it in Paint or another image editor.

There is also a tutorial on uploading images on The-Gauge.

cidchase

handyman, try this hookup. I can't make out the polarity of the LED's
so , if they're backwards, reverse 'em.

The 3-rail diagram shown operates by the wheels of a car in the zone
switching DC- to the C terminal, making a detection circuit. The toggle
switch will do the same thing.:thumb:

If the lamps are not LEDs then the resistor value needs to match the lamp
requirements.

Attachments

• FL2.JPG
    FL2.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 53

handyman692

there are 4 wires coming from each crossbuck(2) N.J. International model 525-1090 Crossbuck w/lenses and 16 volt bulbs.

cidchase

Connect one wire from each bulb to the wire going to the OUT terminal. You probably don't need a resistor if the voltage output of the flasher is 16V or less. Connect the other two leads to L and R, as the dwg shows. You may want a higher voltage supply than 12VDC. If your power pack has a fixed DC output, use that. It's probably 16V or more. Just don't over-voltage the flasher or the lamps too much. I cant really read some of the text on the sheet, but I think it specifies 10-16 VDC.

cidchase

I'll bet that signal is a sweet looking unit! How much did the parts cost you?
The second crossbuck wires in just like the first one (to the same terminals).
Each pair of lamps is parallelled (L and L, R and R). This is what it shows on your sheet.

handyman692

there pretty sweet, got the FL_2 fasher unit and both cross bucks on e bay for $25,00 cha ching, very happy if they work, theres an awesome set of tomars at buy it no at $35.00 was thinking of grabing them them too, but spent over a thou in the last few months lol,glad my wife loves me