Cinch-Jones 302 series connectors

dwight77

Nov 30, 2004
n ft myers florida
Hi All:
Trying to find a good supplier for the Cinch-Jones P302-cct plug and S302-cct sockets to be used in NTrak modules. Any suggestions?????
Thanks in advance
dwight77
n ft myers florida

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
From what I understand from my local modular club, the C-J plugs are indeed difficult to find. They recommend simple 2 or 4 wire flat trailer plugs as a replacement.

Andrew

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Glad you found what you are looking for.

One other option that might work (if your modules are always together) is to have a "translation" cord at either end. That way you need only find one set of plugs...

Andrew

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Hello Dwight, If you are a member of an NTrak club they can order the Cinch-Jones plugs from: NTRAK, Order Dept. 15913 Brawner Dr. Montclair, VA 22027. The NTrak standards have been changed to replace the Cinch-Jones plugs witn "Powerpole" Connectors. Our Club has not mandated the new PP connectors, so during the transition, a lot of our club members are making adapter pigtails. The adapter pigtail, has a Cinch Jones plug on one end and the new Powerpole connector on the other. One site that you can see the new Powerpole connector is http://www.westmountainradio.com/supportrr.htm

inkaneer

Jul 7, 2001
Visit site
Bill Pontin said:
Hello Dwight, If you are a member of an NTrak club they can order the Cinch-Jones plugs from: NTRAK, Order Dept. 15913 Brawner Dr. Montclair, VA 22027. The NTrak standards have been changed to replace the Cinch-Jones plugs witn "Powerpole" Connectors. Our Club has not mandated the new PP connectors, so during the transition, a lot of our club members are making adapter pigtails. The adapter pigtail, has a Cinch Jones plug on one end and the new Powerpole connector on the other. One site that you can see the new Powerpole connector is http://www.westmountainradio.com/supportrr.htm

WHOA there Pardner. The Ntrak standards have not been changed. The CJ plugs ARE STILL the stndard. The powerpoles are acceptable but if you use them you must provide a powerpole to CJ plug adapter. That is the standard. But you are correct that the CJ plugs are available from Ntrak.

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Inkaneer you are right the Cinch Jones 302 two pin series are still the standard for wiring NTrak modules. I believe for large shows, especially where DCC is used, they may require the wiring to the Aternate Wiring Recommended Practices (RP). http://www.ntrak.org/wiring_connectors_rp.htm
Our club now requires we use the new plugs with new module construction and that they be wired to the new RP. Wonder if the NorthEast NTRAK's big Winterfest show in January will require the new wiring?

inkaneer

Jul 7, 2001
Visit site
Bill Pontin said:
Inkaneer you are right the Cinch Jones 302 two pin series are still the standard for wiring NTrak modules. I believe for large shows, especially where DCC is used, they may require the wiring to the Aternate Wiring Recommended Practices (RP). http://www.ntrak.org/wiring_connectors_rp.htm
Our club now requires we use the new plugs with new module construction and that they be wired to the new RP. Wonder if the NorthEast NTRAK's big Winterfest show in January will require the new wiring?

My understanding of the RP from Ntrak is that if you show up with a module with powerpole connectors and your module is to mate with one with CJ plugs. Then YOU have to provide the PP to CJ adaptor. The CJ's are the standard still. No set up can reject a module solely on the fact it has CJ plugs and not Powerpoles.

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
Our club has also mandated that all new construction use PowerPoles and the rest of the new "Recommended Practice" (RP), as we have adopted DCC. Perhaps the best thing to do is check with your local club(s), find out what they're doing. If they've gone to using Powerpoles, then use them, otherwise go with the CJs. Incidentally, I don't believe that you have to belong to an NTrak club in order to purchase CJs from NTrak.