chrome apollo

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by NULLMOON, Apr 19, 2007.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I would like to widen Nulls comment to thread titles generally; I tend to ignore the 'I'd like this' type, so please threaders, make the thread title a bit more descriptive. Maybe I miss a few good threads this way, but with soooooo many threads coming up, my eye goes straight to the ones with interesting and informative titles. Maybe it is a habit born of filtering too much spam in my e-mails, but a thread title that is either ambiguous or essentially nonsensical just gets ignored.

So, 'How do I simulate corrugated aluminium aircraft skins?' is far more likely to get a good response than 'I gotta problem'.

PS How do you simulate corrugated aluminium aircraft skins?

NULLMOON Member

no the copper color is mearly the light:) its very reflective stuff you could shave in it if you wanted too i hope this all goes together correctly this aint cheap
  3. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Outstanding job ! Very sharp ! Is the detailing around the openings / panels embossed, or is it separate paper layers?
  4. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

To Surfduke,

I just knew once you got your designs out, that this group would build some truly wonderful and inspirational models. You should be very proud of your accomplishment !
  5. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Hi All,

I agree with WunWing...'s opinion on titles.

Can Nullmoon edit the thread title himself? I've never started a thread, so I can't try it myself.

As for simulating corrugated aluminum a/c skins, some of the better hobby / electric train stores in the US carry a device for corrugating dis-assembled aluminum cans (cutting off the ends, slicing can vertically and unrolling into sheet). I don't know how this would work with paper, but perhaps someone here has experimented with it.

Good Luck,
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Mods cant do that, we can delete if needed but cant rename.
  7. dhanners

dhanners Member

Wow. Very nice.
  8. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

But Rick can!
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

actually i can't

I tried but i can't change it

10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You must be a sub admin :p HAHAHAHA!

I will pay for that later
  11. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

That looks great!

Very! Nice!

NULLMOON Member

its not a particularly helpful thread may as well delete it this topic is covereved in "chrome apollo"

NULLMOON Member

i used seperate paper layers the card refuses to be embossed it to thick and too smooth looks better than my embossing experiments anyway by far and is much easier to acomplish it does kill the scalpel blades anything that has a foil layer does when i finish this ill try using the frosted silver card for the sm
    for anyone who wants any its made by a company called "paper state" and its called "mirror magic" i got it from a store and it was £5.00 for 6 a4 sheets ($10)
  14. paul a

paul a Member

absolutely fantastic .
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

HAH! I changed it, Rick is just a newbie
    And THAT I will pay for somehow ;)

edit - no rights to merge threads though - dang being reigned in already! heh heh I think merging the two is a better option than deleting

edit edit - I got it! I am getting good at this stuff :)
  16. kronos

kronos Member

Try spray on headliner adhesive at your auto parts store drys slow yet stays tacky enough to hold in place
  17. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Just another idea

To put Data Sheets in Washer/Dryer Areas, of Our Homes, (We use the cheap Spray adhesive from Walmart). They sell it on the glue isle, in the paint dept. It too is easy to work with.

18. Fantastic: how expensive is it and where do I get it
  19. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Spray Adhesive

It is on the Glue isle, (Paint area), @ Your local WalMart. It will cost a little over $2, a can.

Have a great day,

20. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Outstanding NULLMOON!

Yet another modeler has set a new paradigm!8)

The potential for these types of materials is quite vast, too...