Christmas Projects?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by David H, Nov 29, 2006.

1. David H

David H Member

Hi All,

Starting to think about what to build/start over Christmas.

1. I hear great things about GreMir Models (Blackwidow or a Tempest) but do not recall seeing a build thread + while home printing could be great I am not lucky with printers (do not ask!). So are their any first hand accounts of building these great looking models out there?

2. Gomex Tempest looks cool...

3. What are your plans?

2. keith

keith Member

3. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Building Nebeltex's SdkFz251 in desert stripe camo.
  4. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Christmas projects? You mean like this?:

Attached Files:

5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I've got both Tempest models from Gremer that John did.

I did complet one wheels up for a display I had at the local library, hung it from the ceiling chasing a FG V-1!

These models are fantastic. Weathered and fit and finish are great!

I have a canon i475D printer and print on 110# card stock from Wal-mart and with setting for Glossy Photo paper on the printer it produces great results.

Now with that said, I must say that the models are designed for butt joints but I build with strip joints so I had to convert. Now that was NO big deal, but I wanted you to know.

If you choose the Tempest from Gremer you WILL NOT be disappointed I believe; and Michael with take care of you if you have any problems with the software. So in my opinion because you can re-print messed up parts and the quality of these kits this is the only way to go.

6. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

That's... just... wrong...
  7. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

Where did you find the airplane model?
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

He was a good little boy and Santa gave him a nice present!

You never know Jim is such a nice guy he might share............. if asked politely....... and repeatedly!:grin:
  9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have a special model I want to finish and release before Christmas.

However, working on so many things at once, I might not make my deadline. I have a policy for my work...when something gets to 75 percent completed, I concentrate all efforts on that. Currently, I at that stage in a repaint, but have run into a problem. I just don't have a nice cleavage to stare at 8v)
  10. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have a friend who flew backseat in one of those as FAC observer while he was in Vietnam. He has nothing but absolute praise for the aircraft.
  11. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have too many "I have"s in my posts, I think.
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Naw.............. we all need more I haves!

If I can help Ash give me a holler............. I'm in a better frame of mind now.

Funny what a true square can do for a crooked frame.:grin:

13. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

I found it in my e-mail box (cyber stocking?) one morning...

I think it will be released as a freebie soon.:grin:
  14. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler