Christmas Photo Fun.

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by ezdays, Nov 20, 2007.

1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

We are just a few days away from Thanksgiving here in the US, but Christmas is not that far away and it's universal. In past years we've held "no contest" contests for Christmas and have gotten fair receptions but I don't think everyone responds well when they hear the word, "contest".

So let's do this, let us just post your favorite Christmas photos here. It would be delightful if there were trains in the photo, but there are no restrictions and no rules. This thread will be available even after Christmas just in case you have a few more to add.
  2. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

Here is a simple Christmas layout I made a couple of years ago when I decided to try out the Bachmann On30 stuff.

This is just to get the ball rolling and I really don't expect this to win anything.

Attached Files:

3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Thanks for kicking things off. Just so there's no misconceptions, there are no "winners" since there is no voting or judging and there's no restriction on how many pictures you post. Even graphic images are OK.:thumb:
  4. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Boy, those LGB figures look real...

And that old Viennese street car is filled with angels...its only slightly out of focus as the street car pulls away

And Zurich Hauptbahnhof (main rail station) decorated for Christmas with a Christkindtmarkt.

Lastly, my lovely little wife approximately 10 sets from the Basel Hauptbahnhof with a street car and Christmas tree in the background.

The first two are in Austria...the second two in Switzerland with me behind the camera.

Attached Files:

5. nolatron

nolatron Member

A gingerbread house from 2004 made at my mother-in-law's bakery.

6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Just a reminder that dreams do come true if the right people are watching.

Attached Files:

7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

This years E-Card.
    And yes...Thats my house. Started the weekend after Halloween, finished yesterday.

Attached Files:

8. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Nice photos so far. I need to mack something up on the layout. Flour sure does look like snow!:p
  9. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

As I said, flour sure does look like snow! Did some experimenting and here is what I came up with.
    I know it's early, but MERRY CHRISTMAS!:wave:

Attached Files:

10. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Ugh! I'm impressed. Growing up, I always wanted to decorate like the Grizwalds. Now I dread the four strands that we hang outside. Thanks for sharing.
  11. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Very festive everyone! Kevin! Those snow scenes look great!
  12. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Waiting for a green.

Waiting for a green.
  13. msowsun

msowsun Member

14. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Nice shots Mike...!

Unfortunately this year the train will pass by us during the day... :(

15. msowsun

msowsun Member

Sorry, the shots aren't mine. I just linked them from the CP website.

16. w8jy

w8jy Member

Kevin, I really like that snow effect! Because of our long Michigan winters, I enjoy the layout that is set in late summer!
  17. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Here's a picture that I took in Wickenburg, Arizona when I lived there a few years ago. It is a saguaro cactus wrapped in lights, a common practice here in Arizona.

Attached Files:

18. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Merry Christmas! The snow scene looks really good. Kevin, you are doing some great work. Keep it up!
  19. Dick Elmore

Dick Elmore Member

:thumb:Kevin, your flour/snow looks good but those trees look GREAT!!!
    What's your secret? How did you make them?

Texas Chief
  20. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

The trees are Grand Central Gems ( or something like that) I sprinkled my "snow" over the tree tops only, (that is all you can see over the loco) and stuck them in the foam, once I had everything the scene only took a matter of minutes to put together. The "snow also fell right out of the tree at the end when I was finised by shaking and blowing on it. :wave: