Christmas List

kchronister

Nov 1, 2004
Boiling Springs, PA
Okay, it's October, and in my mind that means time to start thinking about the Christmas list for wifey et al... So what's on your list this year? Here's mine so far... (all HO in my case)

BLI T-1 4-4-4-4 loco
MTH K-4 loco
Tortoise Switch Machines

Of course, this has to grow far larger...

What's everyone else out there lookin' fer?

Kris

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Ahhh! Too early...! Only 81 shopping days 'til Christmas! (http://www.christmas.com/pe/56) Can't we have Thanksgiving (Canada), Hallowe'en, Thanksgiving (US), Remembrance Day, etc first?! ;)

Having said that, what I'd really like this year is some benchwork materials for modules:

- 2" foam
- Adhesive caulk
- Hanger bolts & tee-nuts

Plus some turnouts and trackage to lay some more rails!

Andrew

kchronister

Nov 1, 2004
Boiling Springs, PA
Never too early! Too early to shop, yes; too early to dream, no.

I too would include various layout materials, but Mrs. isn't exactly a construction girl... If I asked for 2" foam, I'd probably get a memory-foam mattress pad or some such thing. I fear the raw materials, in my case, are a self-service item.

kchronister

Nov 1, 2004
Boiling Springs, PA
Or switch to Z-scale and build an empire in a closet...

Regardless, I hope you get your wish Ray. But realize it's a two-edged sword. I just got a train room about 4x bigger than I ever hoped for... And am realizing I can't do everything I want to even in there, and could easily use 4x _that_ amount of space.
If I went G-scale myself, I'd probably end up lamenting that I only have 1/2 acre of land, and some of that filled with a pesky house...

In the immortal words of Gilda Radner, "it's always something."

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Well, I did desire a Digitrax DT400 handheld wireless throttle. Imagine my stunned look as a close friend handed me one recently and said, "Merry Christmas." My hope is to have my family in a house by the holidays...one surrounding a future layout room?

glenn railey

Aug 7, 2005
Georgia
Well I have already gotten my Christmas gift this year. I got to switch from O scale to N scale. I got a spectrum 2-8-0set plus several trussels and a Kato Switch out 1 set.

Go Noles