Christchurch Cathedral Canon

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by Zhara, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Zhara

Zhara New Member

Here's my first attempt. Christchurch Cathedral from the Canon site. No a bad little project, and I learned so much (mostly from mistakes!).

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      File size:
      85.4 KB
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Very nice! Looks pretty good, and I'm betting you printed on photo paper from the glossy look there.

Photo paper looks great, but has alot of issues with gluing...
  3. Zhara

Zhara New Member

Yes, indeed, photo paper does give a nice look, especially the colours. But the gluing up was a bit of a problem. I also found that I couldn't play around with it too much or it would crack.
  4. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Aha! I see you've found the Canon site already. Wonderful site with some great architectural models! Christchurch Cathedral looks good, especially for a first model. And don't worry - mistakes are how we all learn here; well except for ekuth, nothing, retired for now, padre...:p
  5. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Phht. Oh please. My work is riddled with mistakes; I've just learned how to hide them better. :mrgreen:

When I first started building I tried photo paper too and then quickly abandoned it because of the glue/crinkle issues. A good compromise is to treat your models with a VERY LIGHT mist of glosscoat when you're done.

Be careful though, as too much will both darken the model and can make the ink run.

I've had good success using laser printers; although the ink does flake after a while.
  6. mauther

mauther Active Member

Very good for a first job! Keep going! Thanks for sharing!