Chinese New Year

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by 郑局西段, Feb 6, 2005.

1. 郑局西段

郑局西段 New Member

This year Feb. 9 is our Chinese new year, we call it Spring Festival. And the date is changed every year. We treat the holiday just as Christmas Day in European countries. Everyone should come back home before the Eve, and we eat dumplings together.
    Here I would like to give you the Chinese way of wishing
    Richard from Shaanxi, China
  2. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Happy New Year!

Dumplings, and Firecrackers. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Now that sounds like fun.
  3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Happy New Year!!!! Its the "Year of the _______(what animal?)" this time???
  4. train1

train1 Member

Happy New Year !

I believe it is the year of the rooster.
  5. ausien

ausien Active Member

Happy new year, to you Richard, here in sydney the chinesa comunity selabrate the new year with firecrackers, dumplings an the dance of the graggon, its very colourful and its great fun for all.... have a good one.. steve
  6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Happy New Year!!!!

7. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

I think this is the year of the Rooster.....

Bob :wave:
  8. rcline

rcline Member

Happy New Year Richard!!! And save some dumplings for me! I was raised on chicken and dumplings!! I love those dumplings!
  9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

祝英国火车迷春节愉快, 郑局西段 :D :D :D
  10. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Have a nice new year young man, and have a sip of Kentuckys finest on me. :thumb: :thumb: Jim
  11. docsnavely

docsnavely Member

Ralph, you are correct, this year is the rooster/chicken. The only reason I know this is that the Japanese new year is on our calenday new year, but they follow the same animal schedule. I really don't know who made the schedule of animals. Maybe it's similar to the hurricane naming process? For you Floridians out there, you know how it's done! :D :thumb:

12. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

:wave: Happy New Year :wave:
  13. 郑局西段

郑局西段 New Member

We have all together 12 animals ,they are MICE, OX,TIGER, RABBIT,DRAGGON, HORSE, SHEEP,MONKEY,CHICKEN,DOG and PIG. And thid year is CHICKEN, 5 hours later, wo will have the new year. We do have Firecrackers. Here comes the Chinese:
    欢迎英国火车迷来中国参观。That is "welcome the trainspotters in Brition to visit China".happy new year.
  14. rcline

rcline Member

Richard, For some silly reason I always thought that I was born in the year of the goat.
    Boy was I wrong!! I was born in 55, what animal does that make me? The way my luck goes, I must be either rabbit or the monkey! Happy New year!!!!!!
  15. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Not to silly, 1955, year of the sheep (goat)
  16. jetrock

jetrock Member

It depends on exactly when in 1955, though--the date for the Chinese New Year changes from year to year.
  17. 郑局西段

郑局西段 New Member

You are right. Both my parents were born that year.