Chicagoland Diner Will Be Serving Meals By Lionel Trains For Last Time on Sunday

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ozzy, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

Last Train To Snackville Junction - Videos - WMAQ

Snackville Junction is a small diner located outside of Chicago in Evergreen Park, IL and is famous for delivering meals to it's customers using Lionel trains. It has been doing so for over 60 years. Jeff Silhan has owned the diner for the past 21 years and is hanging up his engineer hat for the last time on Sunday, April 29th.
  2. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

I WAS THERE!!!:mrgreen:, back in the early 70's, dad went to a hobby shop not far from there, and we all stopped in for lunch. i thought it was the neatest thing...sad that its not going to be the same:(. :)-Deano
  3. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Well if you patronized them a little more often...they'd still be doing it!:gaptooth: :winker:
  4. Tommybza

Tommybza Member

I think it is great that some one will take it over ,and run it the same way . It is really hard to find good help that will work in that field ,We went there often in the late 60s and mid 70s ,Grand pa would take me there , he was retired from I C . Markum yard was his Baby ,lol
    thanks for the clip .I will send it to my ma and pop .
  5. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

that is such a cool resteraunt,i wish there was something here like that,as there is no way i would drive to chicago for a burger,no matter how cool the train.but it is nice someone is cool about it and is going to run it like it has been for 60 clip oz.--josh