Chicagoland: A Retrospective

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
I have thusly returned from Chicagoland, and present to you a set of pictures from the same. This is all the pics I took during the week, so I've taken the liberty of marking the pics of interest to members here with either "TRAINS" (for prototype) and "LAYOUT" (for pics of the Museum of Science and Industry layout).

http://www.dayfornightmodelworks.com/chicagoland/

(( High speed connection recommended for picture-viewing ))

Chicagoland via City of New Orleans

Great photos. At the end of July my family and I decied to visit the other side of the family in Chicagoland. We decided to travel from New Orleans by Amtrak. We had two sleepers and could not have enjoyed the train travel better. Accomodations were great, food was good, service could have been better, but from what we heard from those passangers connecting from the west we had no problems. Many who traveled from the west had connection trouble. There was an extra hour that held us at Memphis going north and the scheduled departure from Chicago was delayed two hours because the dining car had to be changed out. All in all, we had a blast for seven days. My mom had not been to Chicago before. At 76 she did great seeing all those things you captured in your photos. Thanks for posting your pics, they have brought back many memories of our Amtrack Chicago trip.