Chi-Town Union Station

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
Any of you here in Michigan been to see this layout in Commerce Twp? They're open this weekend and I was thinking about checking it out. Apparently it's around 5000 sq. ft. in size and is the biggest O Scale layout in the country. It's in an old grocery store and there's videos of it on youtube - looks pretty neat.

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
So I went to see this layout today and snapped a bunch of pics, all I have to say is WOW! It is in an old grocery store that the owner bought.

On the flyer that's handed out: "As of December 2007, the layout covers 5,700 square feet and has more than 6,000 feet of track. The B&O, The Santa Fe and the NYC mainlines are complete and fully operational as are the Union Station tracks. The Rio Grande line is partially installed and operational. The main freight yard is 60% complete."

Here's a couple of pics....

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

I'll post the link to the gallery when I finish uploading them. Wish I had this much space, time, and of course money.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Terrific! One of the great things about huge layouts like that are the giant sweeping curves that compliment long trains and passenger trains so well! Thanks for sharing the pics and videos!
Ralph