chevy vs. ford

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by monsterrcbuilder04, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

what do you prefer
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I belive there was a post awhile back about this but I would have to say chevy.As the sayin goes (I guess)

Friends dont let friends drive fords :D
  3. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

dude your a poser!! this was my post!
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

who r u talking to ? him or me
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

im sorry man. i didnt see any other one. want me to reserect that #@$% ?
  6. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

hey sorry man,i jsut didnt want anyone to do the same post as me.sorry about that.:)
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok thats settled.. I guess
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

ya its fine. its not a big deal
  9. pimp

pimp Active Member

Ford always, chevy cant beat a gt 40, svt lightning, or the saleen mustang (the true saleen not the posers that people actually own but the track car. O did u see the corvette at the American GT nationals? Didn't finish. Funny couldn't finish their own race. Also chevy is only in business cuz that 350 that everybody seems to love in the corvette was made by ford to compete with dodge years ago. Dang thats chevy's best comp. engine. well guess Ford even made chevy good. :D
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Old theard LA LA LA
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

have you seen the new chevy 702? i think it has like 720hp. i think that is a lot for a crate engine. this topic is never over.it is a never ending fude
  12. pimp

pimp Active Member

too big and heavy, fords all aluminum engines are light. plus they move with technology and use turbos in racing. super chargers arent as good due to taking 30 percent of power off the engin with the belt drive and adding back 50 percent at the wheels. (most superchargers) but they work too, just old. it was invented in 1930 something for mercedes. turbos are more up to date and dont feed off the engine, they just feed it.
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

well i was talking with some other people and we figured that turbos also take power away. i cant remember our exact resoning but it takes its power from the exaust. i think that gets less back pressure ar somethin and then you loose power.i have to ask them
  14. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hmmI always thought that it takes those gasses cooles them down then throw it back into the intake or something like that...
  15. pimp

pimp Active Member

that is how it works, but it still doesnt take the power off the crank, and is more resourceful, like i said the supercharger is very old, (from the 30's) im sure the newer idea is better, thats why u dont see many superchargers in gt, all turbo. if u get a huge supercharger u can generate more power dont get me wrong but it is still less resourceful.
  16. monsterrcbuilder04

they started out on the old deisel trucks
  17. Ford is the best, the f-150 are awesome, but if there was a hemi in it that would be crazy
  18. John Binz

John Binz New Member

Chevy all the way!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.