Chevrolet Impala'59

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by kampfflieger, Jan 31, 2008.

1. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

Simpliest of my model - only two parts!

Question to all - may be add more details and make a Classic Car series?

Attached Files:

2. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Cool were did find it ??? :)

My Farther had a 65 fastback .. w/a 327 under the hood !!!
  3. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

I've designed it:)
  4. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

If you give it half the attention you give your other kits, they would be great. The area of classic vehicles has been overlooked for much too long. Way to go!
  5. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Super detailed (and usually complex to build) models are great, but I think the area of simpler ones are not as appreciated. I think this model (and a whole series? hint hint) would be great because it really looks good and being simpler to build, is a great way to introduce new people to the hobby. People are only going to build what interests them, what looks good, and what they think they can build with their current skill level.

They also make great giveaways because you can build them relatively fast. I have designed quite a few novelties and decorations for family and friends weddings. The simpler ones go over MUCH better because a whole room full of people who have never built anything like these have a very hard time if the model is complex. There is no enjoyment in this either as they get frustrated trying to cut it out and build it. I learned this the hard way!

Of course, getting older may mean that it's all I will be able to physically build later on, but hey, better that sitting around with nothing to do!

I commend you and encourage you to continue as you are. If you feel the desire to design something more complex, go for it! After all, as designing skills improve, the desire to further challenge yourself increases also. This model looks really good for being so simple.

Best Regards,
  6. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

More please!

I'm surprised it's only two pieces. It looks very good. I have been developing a more detailed 57 Belvedere (project currently on hold) and I'd love to get a copy of this to see how you did the texturing for the wheels and chrome areas. I haven't started that on mine yet and have been wondering how to approach it. So far I've grabbed some photos off the net and used them as a basis to work from.

I would love to see a lot more classic vehicles done. Early corvette's, early camaro's, mustangs of the late 60's early 70's. Someday I would like to get around to doing some of the old 1920's and 30's Ford Model A's, T's, and some of the old trucks too.

Keep em coming,

Attached Files:

7. hi i love the models cool color too.
    but? is that a free model or do you have to pay for it?
  8. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

It's my own design:)
  9. cool ok. can i build one i love the oldes the chevy impala 59 one i like to build can you send me the car by email my email is ozzadm1@netzero thanks
    if not please tell me why ok. my birthday is comming soon may 4th 2008 41 years old i like to collect a hard to find 50s to 60s.
  10. Mark Crowel

Mark Crowel Member

Yes, do a series of oldies: 1920's '30's, 40's, and '50's. Keep them simple. They will be fun to build.
  11. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nice, my father had one in what I recall as a sort of battleship grey colour when I was a kid, he replaced it in the mid 60's with a 65 Fury II.