Checking my NTrak modules

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Bill Pontin, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Took my modules out of storage day before yesterday, want to give them a once over before the show this weekend. Not too much room in the basement, but I did manage to get them set up.

Attached Files:

2. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Last module I made, the canyon and arch bridge, looked okay and will close it up.

Attached Files:

3. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Somehow I chipped off a corner on this one, filled it in again and will have to retouch it up with paint when it drys.

Attached Files:

4. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

This crack on the edge of the same module has me baffled. Looks like the end flexed in and caused this continuous crack. Module still sound and I did add a few extra screws to prevent it from happening again. Will have to repair the scenery along the crack but the road will have to have a crack. I'll see if I can make the crack look intentional. (It's on a fault line anyway, the two modules join at this point)

Attached Files:

5. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Guess the police want no speeders around here

Attached Files:

6. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Hope to see some of you at the Springfield, MA show this coming weekend. The Northeast NTrak modular layout (Winterfest '05) will be in the main building.
  7. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Roads crack... maybe a big tree, or a wash out, or a culvert.
  8. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Nice modules...! I belong to , but we have an Ntrak counterpart here in Ottawa. Earlier this month, we both set up for our modular rally... Some pictures are at

9. ddavidv

ddavidv Member

Nice work Bill. :thumb:
    Curious how you transport them. This is becoming an issue with our club as some of us are getting multiple modules but don't have a minivan or similar to move them in.
  10. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

See you there Bill!
  11. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Really nice work on those modules! I think the crack gives the road additional characer.
  12. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Have fun at the show Bill. Looking forward to some photos of the hook up.
  13. docsnavely

docsnavely Member

Impressive Work!!! Wish I could go to the show and see it in person!!! Have fun!