Check out the new site I found

101 Track Plans

These layouts are from 101 Track Plans for Model Railroaders, by Linn H. Westcott (Kalmbach Publishing Co., 1956). To buy a copy of this classic book, click the orange cover.
Layouts currently available for download have links below. Some are already included with the TrainPlayer program, so check what you have before downloading. If you have a favorite layout you'd like to see posted, drop us a line.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
plans

Jas- that link was exactly what I needed. I have just finished tearing down and cleaning up and was really needing plan ideas. Three were interesting, and ideas from the 3 should turn out a neat layout.

Thanks
Lynn

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Ive got a couple copies of this classic westcott book(i built my first HO layout out of 1 of these plans)
The great thing about this book is the idea's it gives you.
Some of those spaghetti bowl layouts can be straightened and modified for around the walls or double decker type layouts.
combining 2 or even 3 differant plans taking the best of each(main line from 1,Yard from another,and inducstrial park from yet a 3rd) can give you some pretty nice plans and save you alot of time.
You still need to be creative but you wont have to worry quite as much(double check though) about wether you have the required basic elements in place.

Try it yourself some rainy day and it may surprise you how handy this classic used experimentally can be :)