Cheap Photo Tip

J

jmarksbery

I don't know if anyone has tried this before or not but I had a brain storm yesterday:rolleyes: and gave it a try. As I have not started my layout yet I wanted to see how some of my modeling would look before I started the layout. So I made this street diagram on my puter to see how it would look and for photo shots. It is set for N gage with narrow streets in my town of Thurmond for the WC & T RR. (fictional) The grass is a little large as is the pavement but it shows up better in the photos that way. The photo will cover (almost) a full sheet of paper with a small white edge which can be trimed or left to represent a sidewalk. I printed on heavy paper (as heavy as your printer will take,) and if you print more than one you can make a few city blocks to check out your work. I also used some printed building flats for effect. If you wish to use it I think you can right click on it and save it. I had trouble sending stuff the other day because I am having problems with my server, but I shall try. :) I will send some pictures also and you can decide for yourself. You will need to double the size as I could not upload full size.

Attachments

• street layout.gif
    street layout.gif
    90.7 KB · Views: 192
J

jmarksbery

Don's Gulf Service

A new gas service came to Thurmond and their business is doing great, one of those new fangeled kind selling everything just about to service your car and there is no need to take it to the dealer. The store owner Don, is busy watching a delivery being unloaded while his assistant is busy pumping gas and changing oil. He has a few customers waiting and is in bit of a rush. And yes there were street rods in those days Elizibeth as witnessed by the yellow '30 Ford lite delivery truck. As you will see in the photos there is no business at the Texico station across the street. These new type gas stations can't last long can they?
In a following picture you will notice a wreck at the intersection in front of Boops Bar. Maybe the old geezer in the pickup truck was watching the Ladies:eek: Oh well.
The last picture shows a little close up of another pickup showing the effects again of this little trick. As you can see it does make a difference and make it look better to the minds. Let me know what you think. Later

Attachments

• dons gulf1.gif
    dons gulf1.gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 186
J

jmarksbery

Picture 2

Texico

Attachments

• dons gulf2.gif
    dons gulf2.gif
    58 KB · Views: 171