Cheap Good Batteries

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by countrymouser, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. countrymouser

countrymouser New Member

I am looking to start building my own battery packs. I bought the Deans battery Jigg, Pro 3 connectors, Pigtails and Ultra plugs. (All on the suggestion of other RC racers). Now comes the difficult part. Selecting batteries. I am currently running Pre-made 3000 packs, made by Venom. But everyone says I should get "Matched Batteries"??? Since I am new to all this, what the #@$% does Matched mean?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a website and or what type of batteries to get?

I am running a XXX-T, B4 and a RC10-T3 at my track on alternating weekends, and we race 3-5 min. heats with 1-10 min. Main if that helps.

Thanks ahead of time for any input/help.
  2. brushless

brushless New Member

yes u should get matched batts, the cells in the matched batterys are about identical to every other cell such as voltage mah and internal resistance. in a normal pack the cells are different 1 cell might be 3200 and onother 1 may be 3400. what that does is when you drive ur rc car the last couple minits are slower than when u first plug in the battery. becuase u are only running on maybe 3 or 4 cells the last 2 min. becuase each cell in a unmatched pack dies at a different time verses a matched pack where they die all at once.
  3. redheat

redheat Member

Well said, depending on how crazy your gonna get ,Id stick with some good club 3300 or 3000gp batteries at about 55bucks a shot , just make sure that you charge them with a peak charger thell last longer and dont get them hot thats the worst thing you can do over charge kills them thats were the heat comes into play. And do not total discharge metal batties.[8D]
  4. AudioKid

AudioKid New Member

You can buy some individual GP cells from , they claim to come matched and vis-ed when purchased in a set of 6, and you can either buy them pre-assembled with nickel battery bars (not recommended) or loose cells. It would cost about 35 dollars for the cells, a good set of cells for the price.
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Ya if your up to putting alittle time into it why not RED
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

just make that you get sub-c cells. thats the correct size for your application
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.