Chat room link added

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Hi,

Can you help this technically challenged member with the chat room? When I click on I get a mostly blank screen with what looks like only parts of names and other information in the upper right and a bar with "Say" and "Act" on the lower left. What do I do then?

Ralph

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Hi Ralph I saw you trying to beam aboard , hollard at ya' but could see you having problems.
In the space beside the say & act is where you type your sentence. once you have done that click on the Say and presto!

Where you saw the parts of names in the upper right was me (tla) or (t) , or the username of whoever else is in the room. If you see just your name there that means your the only one in at that time.

If your on AOL try doing what jmarksberry posted. Once you are dialed up on AOL use Internet Explorer as your broswer.

HTH

t.

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I've popped in but...

I've popped in but no one's ever in there- it's a nice addition to the BB. If you've never participated in IRC or other chat rooms- it's a hoot.

Too bad the many members here don't participate. Any suggestions for a time/place kinda thing?

I'd suggest logging in every time to see who might be there- either that or it's a resource that could be had but un-utilized and so, Dunsel.

Mark

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Hi Mark, Unfortunetly I can't visit at the only meeting time I'm aware of. It was set for 2pm or 3pm? EST. That was when Shamus was on before he fell ill:( . I usually check in later on in the evening.

t.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
It seems there is usally a few people on between 2 and 4 PM EST and even more on between 7 and midnight EST. We start gettin' giddy 'round midnight tho :D :D :D Jest keep checkin back, or leave a 2nd window open forthe chat room and look at it with one eye, while your other eye reads the-gauge or does some fine detail work on a loco.:D :D :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Thanks t. and everyone else! I gave your suggestions a try and they worked but wouldn't you know, I was the only one on this time of day. I'll try again later. As always I appreciate your collective efforts to help me evolve from a Luddite existence! :)
Ralph

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Well, I work (not on the railroad) all day long, so...

Well, I work (not on the railroad) all day long:mad:, so if I do go to the chat room- it's evening. Like tonight, I'll pop in and maybe I'll be suprised to find some others there:)

Mark