Chassis for IHC GP9?

RobertInOntario

I've just started to kitbash an old (IHC I think) Union Pacific GP18 into a CNR GP9.

So far, the conversion is going well. I've added the brake fan (that was made from a mold) and nicely repainted the body into the 1950s CN green. It actually looks great.

Now here's my problem. As of 3-4 weeks ago, loco used to run well but I just tested it and its motor's gears are slipping! wall1 I'm not sure if the motor got damaged while I took the body off (I can't see how that could happen) but something has obviously gone wrong. It makes noise, the gears move or spin, but the chassis doesn't move. When I ran this loco last winter, it actually ran quite smoothly and quietly.

So, my question is this: Does anyone know where I might get a used or new chassis that would work with an IHC GP9/18? This chassis also has a bit of cosmetic & coupler damage that needs fixing, so that's one more reason to look into getting a new one.

Good thing I like fixing and building things!

Thanks in advance,

Rob

RobertInOntario

Boy, do I ever feel silly! The chassis is fine. It looks like I remounted the weight (that's on the bottom) incorrectly so that it prevented the wheels from making contact with the track! At least I know it's a simple problem that can be fixed.

Actually, I just fixed it (by correctly repositioning it) & it runs fine now!

Rob