Charlie

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Tyson Rayles, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

The tank car got here today, see what you mean about the stiff couplers. If I can't figure it out either I'll just swap em' out, no big deal. The paint job and weathering are OUTSTANDING!:cool: As soon as I can get the company photographer down to the tracks I'll post some pics. Thanks:D
  2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Yeah, sorry aboiut that...Hope that works out for you.:eek:
    I really like the wheelsets on that boxcar of yours! Perhaps you could get some of those to fit.
    I hope you get some good service out of it.
    I tried to weather it so that it looked like some really nasty stuff had been loaded in & out of it.:)
  3. Tyson Rayles

Looks REALLY toxic:D
  4. Tyson Rayles

Got to noticing the trucks were hitting on the block that holds the pin in tight curves (which I have plenty of, same as the prototype). I think they were 1035's so I switched to 1037's (longer shank, same as on boxcar I think),tracks great and couples great now. That is a heavy tank car, did it come that way or were you able to add weight to it? If you added it, D*mn good job cause I can't see any holes or seams. If you did add it please share how cause I got a couple of 3 dome fuel cars that need it so they will track as well as this tank car!!!!!!!!
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Sorry Tyson, but I can't take any credit for the weight.
    It's an out of the box Con Cor model that I just reworked the paint job on.
  6. Tyson Rayles

:( Durn I was hoping to learn a new modeling trick, on well. Hope to get pics posted by this weekend, don't have a digital so I have to get film developed after taking said pics, which I hope to do Fri. maybe. Right now they got me buried at work. May have to change jobs this one's starting to interfere with the railroad:D .
  7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Yeah, I got one of those job things too...:rolleyes:
    Don't know how I got talked into that!
    Don't they know that workin' on the RR takes "all the live-long day"? :D
  8. Tyson Rayles

Charlie the company photographer dropped the film off for devolopment today, should be able to post pics tomorrow!:D
  9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Lookin' forward to seein' 'em!:D