Charlie & Virginian

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Looks like summer in the South, Tyson!
I'm startin' to sweat just lookin' at these pics!
Think I'll go fix myself a glass of sweet tea! ;)

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
pics

Yeah Charlie, its late July.Nantahala is Cherokee for the Land of the Noonday Sun and from the looks of the shadows it must be near noon now. While it might of been 45 degrees here in the Mnt.'s in the morning it's already pushing 85 degrees with the humidity close to the same. We don't get much of a breeze down in the bottom of these hollers so forget the glass and get yourself the whole pitcher of iced tea !!!!!!!:p

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I don't think we're gonna have much time to sit around drinkin' tea, with all that "backy" still to cut...
Tyson, you've got me considering now how I might work in a mtn. division to my K&I RR!
That's a real gem you've got there my friend!

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
pics

Charlie you got your priorities in the wrong order!!! You lease the farm to sharecroppers, they do 100% of the work while you sit in the shade on the porch sipping tea and collecting 30% of the profits! With part of your layout in Kentucky it begs for a mnt. division. Besides tobacco you could also throw in a coal mine. Can't do that on my layout, we don't have coal anywhere around here. :D