Charlie & Virginian

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Tyson Rayles, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Would like your thoughts on my attempt at a small mnt. tobacco farm, thanks.Will try to post several pics.:p
  2. Tyson Rayles

????

Well I give up guess the computer gods aren't in the mood for pics today.
    :mad:
  3. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Don't give up Tyson!
    I wanna seeee....pleeeeeze!

Seriously, are you trying to use the attach file feature?
    Click on the browse button, & you will see a window asking you where you want to attach the file from...i.e. documents, C drive, floppy disk, etc... locate the file, then click open, & the file name should show up next to the browse button, then click on submit...
    Are the pics on CD, or floppy? Have you downloaded them into your computer?
  4. Tyson Rayles

pics

One last try.
  5. Tyson Rayles

pics

If this dosn't work I'll try tomorrow after a good night's sleep. If I still can't get it to work I can always e-mail them to you Charlie!

Attached Files:

• t-1.jpg
      t-1.jpg
      File size:
      36.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Tyson Rayles

pics

Son of a gun. I'll try to post some more tomorrow. Let me know what you think of them. Thanks:D
  7. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Tyson that is awesome, please post more pics
    Bill
  8. Tyson Rayles

pics

Thanks Bill, I will try to post some more tomorrow . To tired to fight this computer anymore tonight.:)
  9. Catt

Catt Guest

Tyson,I would be happy to assist you in posting your pics also.Just email them to me.
  10. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Well, get some rest, 'cause I wanna see more, too!

How did you do your trees?

-Rory
  11. Tyson Rayles

pics

:cool: Thanks Catt, I think I figured out my problem but if not expect some e-mail. Rory the trees that are in clumps or clusters are poly fiber fill sprayed with either dark brown, dark grey or black automotive primer then dunked in a bag of several different shades of woodland senic coarse ground foam. The foreground trees are weeds sprayed with hair spray the dunked in the same bag.

Attached Files:

• t-3.jpg
      t-3.jpg
      File size:
      45.3 KB
      Views:
  12. Tyson Rayles

pics

My railroad is called the Nantahala Midland cause in real life it goes across the Nantahala Mnt. range thru the middle of the Nantahala Forest. It is a branch that was abandoned by the Southern and like most shortlines has no rolling stock (at this time) Just one wore out GP7 and a caboose.Some asked why I chose the orange and black paint job, I guess cause it stands out nicely against all the greenery native to this area.:D

Attached Files:

• t-2.jpg
      t-2.jpg
      File size:
      39.7 KB
      Views:
  13. Tyson Rayles

pics

Well lets try an other one

Attached Files:

• t-1.jpg
      t-1.jpg
      File size:
      22.9 KB
      Views:
  14. Tyson Rayles

pics

Guess I'm on a roll. The lower track is the Southern branchline back to Bryson City.

Attached Files:

• t-8.jpg
      t-8.jpg
      File size:
      41.5 KB
      Views:
  15. Tyson Rayles

pics

In luck here comes Southern's local now. I need to work on my lighting and color balancing skills some. Just glad I figured out my problem with posting the pics. It was either the 2 hour catnap I took or the sledgehammer to the side of my tower case. Would like to hear any and all comments good, bad or otherwise as there are not any modelers in this area to get imput from. Now the good news, this is the LAST pic!!!!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• t-1.jpg
      t-1.jpg
      File size:
      38.5 KB
      Views:
  16. Catt

Catt Guest

Tyson,the layout looks great.But we want more pix:D :D
  17. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That is simplt FANTASTIC, Tyson!
    We MUST have more!
  18. billk

billk Active Member

Yeah, more please. How about a layout diagram, too? (You've now reached the point in building your layout where you will spend more time telling us about it than finishing it!)
    Bill K
  19. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great effort Tyson, very realistic. Can you tell us how you made the tobbaco plants please!
  20. Tyson Rayles

pics

Found 3 more pics I hope you enjoy. Billk I will try to post the track plan sometime within the week. Will try to take a few more pics this weekend also. This area is the only area with finished scenery. The rest of the layout has the track laid and wired and is fully operational but the scenery is only roughed in at this point.Matthyro I will take some pics of the stuff I used to make the tobacco plants and post them with the other pics. Thanks for all the kind words folks!!!!:D :D :D

Attached Files:

• t-1.jpg
      t-1.jpg
      File size:
      40.9 KB
      Views: