changed my mind

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by pupparo, Aug 17, 2003.

1. pupparo

pupparo Member

After sitting here going blind from painting detail on N scale structures I think I will just buy A real railroad.
    Just think of the possiblies large enough to see, endless detail, no hunting all over the internet for items you can't find. Sounds great to me and I will save my eye sight.
    What are your views.
  2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Great idea Joe! Another nice feature is that weathering comes naturally!:D
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Naw, too easy! :p Been thinking about switching to Zn30 though :eek: :rolleyes: :D !
  4. pupparo

pupparo Member

Any body who deals with Z scale must have alot of time on thier hands.
    I think the proper gauge is G and kick the wife out that way you have all the room you need
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That's one thing I like about N scale...I don't need a lot of derail parts, 'cause there's very few of 'em that my middle-aged eyes can see!:D :D :D
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I like N scale because I don't have to kick my wife out of the way. She comes in handy more times and in more ways then you can count.:D :D :D :D

And Charlie, you're right about the details, just be sure to only invite the aged or nearsighted to see your layout.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

D:cool: N
  7. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

There was a seesion at the convention called "Eyesight and the Aging Modeller".
    He said that switching from N to O or G doesn't help because, while the tiny details get bigger, the tinier ones that you left off now have to be put in; e.g. the builders plate that was a blob now has to be lettered and dated!
    Just rest your eyes and if you can't see it, don't model it.
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

You got that right Don!
    And let's not forget...that could be turned around into - our wives don't have to kick US out!:D ;) :p :D
  9. pupparo

pupparo Member

Yes I will agree the wife has to stay only if I don't have to get rid of my layout.
    The question here is what comes first.
  10. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Well, if the wife stays, and you definately want to stick with G scale, then I would say that what would come first will be to either move to a bigger house or rethink your choice of scale.:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

11. scoobyloven

scoobyloven Member

i have my wife telling me that if i add any more on to the layout she will move it out side i looked at her and said well look you have tyour water garden and we live on 4 1/2 ackers of land here is what i will do i will take one of them and turn it into my new layout i can play with from spring till fall and then in the winter i have my other one she looked at me and said that is all i want is a train running around the outside of the house. she looked at me and said now i have to put up with those little ones in the house and then a biger one out side
  12. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I think it's a natural progression, when you are younger, N and HO, as you get a bit older , S and O, and in a few more years, G! Unless your eye site stays good, then N is where you will stay! I hope mine sticks around for a long time, I've got too much N scale stuff now to start changing scales!
  13. n_gineer

n_gineer New Member

I converted the wife over to DCC a while back. Now she does just about everything I want.