Challenger 2 (angkasa)

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by Tirta, Jan 12, 2007.

1. barry

barry Active Member

Tank Tracks

I'll watch it's what puts me off armour

2. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Count me in too!

I'm trying a few armor models, started a Nobi T-55 a while back but need to finish up the hull before I get to the tracks.

Would that baking paper perhaps be parchment paper used for baking? If so, one can find it in rolled sheets, much like plastic wrap, in most baking sections of the local supermarket. Haven't tried to use it in paper modeling yet, but I imagine it's just slightly thicker than copy or bond and has a tougher mesh...might be treated in some cases, perhaps not, but it seems to have a slightly polished surface look.

Ingenious idea...funny how we find sources for use in paper models in the most unexpected places, huh?:grin: Okay, you can fess up to always keeping an eye out when you go shopping or messing about the house for things that can be used in paper modeling...I'm always doing that when I brouse in my local Dollar Tree store or in the craft sections of stores. Am I the only one?:cry:

3. charliec

charliec Active Member

Hopefully this might persuade you to venture into armour.

I'm documenting at the moment so I should have something up in a day or so.

Sounds like a similar product. The Australian version has a matt finish - it's actually a bit thinner than copy paper - 0.07mm vs 0.1mm for copy but it's much tougher.